Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cold Air Intake

mungx2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8 Exec 914
Hi Everyone,

Sorry in advance if this has been posted before, but I had trouble looking for the article.

Would anyone know what I can expect to pay to install a Cold Air Intake system? What are your experiences with these?

If possible, would anyone be able to recommend a company in Sydney that can do the job.

:confused:

Thanks heaps!

Commodore V6 (VT Series 1 - 1998)

R

Robbie

Hi munx2,

Do you want to buy it and put it in ourself? i did this with one. It was an Auger kit, Not the nicest fit but certainly doable. It cost me $215 for the kit but I don't know of anyone else getting them that cheap. They rabge between 300 and 500.

A lot of people are talking about putting the monaro CAI in. I am not sure if this works though but if it does it is a gell of a lot cheaper.

hope this helps,

Robbie

TheLucksta

Reaction score
I got the aunger CAI too, and i found it didnt fit perfectly as well... but a bit of heat treatment can fix that!!! ;)
It cost me $237.

mungx2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 3.8 Exec 914
Thanks Guys,

Now I know what to look out for. When Robbie quoted "
Robbie said:
A lot of people are talking about putting the monaro CAI in. I am not sure if this works though but if it does it is a gell of a lot cheaper.

Is there anyone out there with more info on the Monaro CAI? Is it compatible with a VT?

Freespirit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais ll V6 3.8
Hi this is my first contribution I have just purchased a 2004 VY ll Calais v6 2.8 and have been reading the various comments on pods and high flow air filters.
I have purchased a B.M.C high flow filter and was wondering if I take off the factory fitted air induction from the air box and just leave the opening am I likley to have any problem. Any advice will be welcomed

Optimus_Prime

Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 Clubsport R8
Freespirit said:
I have just purchased a 2004 VY ll Calais v6 2.8

Take it back and ask for the extra litre! Im sure you meant 3.8 anyways :)

You wont have any problems, but instead of sucking in colder air comming from the front of the car it will be sucking in hot air from the engine bay. Best off leaving it on unless replacing it with a bigger CAI.

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
ive just purchased a SS inductions big mouth CAI for $399 and ill never turn back.
Better responce and gets better as you drive longer because ECU needs around 500kms to adjust

RS 2000

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 /VR V6
i fail to see whatn is the ecu adjusting to??

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
the ecu is adjusting to the amount and temp of the air entering the engine.

Also over time the ecu will let the engine work easier because it doesn't need to strive for air.
You hear peolpe say just reset the ecu and its fine, unless you can reset the ecu at 110km/h on the highway its usless resetting for CAI. Just let the ecu adjust over time