Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buying a dash fascia

glassjowned

"Banana Hammock"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec.
Hey I want to get a new dash fascia, there's just a few things I would like to know before I go and confuse the Holden Dealers where I live. They're effectively useless at this sort of thing, I've wasted many a lunch break while they look for a part thats not even what I'm asking about.

1. I want to know what colours I can get them in, I know they come in Silver, Hyper Yellow and Piano Black, those are probably the only colours though?

2. Also, my car does not have power windows, or fog lights. So can I get a dash that does not have the holes cut to suit power windows and fog lights?

3. Lastly, the dash fascia is in 3 parts. I have heard people buy their dash for something like $110, but is this all 3 parts, or did they not get the part that is in the back of the car?

Confusing, but thanks!

danielsan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SS 5.7/A4
1) you can also get woodgrain like in the calais and statesman

2) yes

3) you can buy the parts really cheap off ebay 2nd hand. i bought the dash facia (the part around the radio, a/c controlls) for $95..... perfect condition too

hope that helps

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
Just paint the one in your car yourself!
Saves u heaps of money and u can choose the colour u want!

Thats wot I did with mine!

glassjowned

"Banana Hammock"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec.
I don't want to paint myself, I know someone who has one and I really don't think it looks good. Its not because of the colour of theirs or anything, its just there's parts that aren't meant to be painted...like below the cluster.

Also, I think the silver atleast is the colour of the plastic and not the paint, so it won't scratch as easy, and is not as refelective?

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
Which parts do u mean?
Everything comes off, eg buttons, vents etc.

If u paint it'll be refective heaps, only if u clear coat it though.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
glassjowned said:
I don't want to paint myself, I know someone who has one and I really don't think it looks good. Its not because of the colour of theirs or anything, its just there's parts that aren't meant to be painted...like below the cluster.

Also, I think the silver atleast is the colour of the plastic and not the paint, so it won't scratch as easy, and is not as refelective?

It looks better when you get it painted yourself. Get it painted like a bumper owuld be, it makes it as tough as your front bar.. Tough..

And it's very reflective..

Sprayed by a panel beater and tough as nails..

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

glassjowned

"Banana Hammock"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec.
ok, well I've been looking at the proper dashes, and the only part thats not the same as the rest of the dash is the recession below the cluster, its black. I also wouldn't paint the little tray thats in place of the power windows.

I definitely want Piano Black...but any scratch will show up on that easier, so I was keeping the silver in mind. I have gotten quotes for atleast $200 to paint Piano Black, one place was even $300

Think I'll go to a bigger dealer one day where they know a few things. Suggest one in SA?

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
HA!.. If you were in Melbourne I could get Piano Black done in a perfect two-pack colour with clear for under $100..

You could choose what you wanted painted and the exact colour..

Ask another panel beater man..

ruso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim S2
Hey Shounak that silver paint job looks tops. How much did it set you back and were'd you get it done??? WOuldn't mind doing mine in a Silver matte finish.

danielsan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SS 5.7/A4
hmmmm i might enquire about getting mine done too...

thanks for that, never thought about getting it painted before....