Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holdens For Car Service Or Not?

::Team420::

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Vs Statesman 5L
Just wanna know if it's worth taking my car to holdens for a service, or just take it to a mechanic... ups and downs maybe lol?

Btw my ride has no free servicing left etc.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I wouldn't take my car to Holden unless I had money to burn. I haven't had mine serviced in six years because I do most of the stuff myself. It is very simple to change things like oil, plugs, filters,pads etc. If you are at all mechanically minded, just buy a Gregorys manual and you are well on your way to saving money. If you don't want to do your own work you should take it to a trusted mechanic or a place like Ultratune.
When my car was under warranty and I had to take my car to Holden, I found that they charged way too much for things like oil etc. They would charge twice as much for the same oil I could purchase for half the price.

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
Holden charges an arm and a leg for servicing.It's not completely necessary to take it to Holden.As stated there is alot you can do yourself,but,if you must take it to a mechanic do some homework and stick to the one your happy with.

Last edited:

sno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
up - if u have a holden service history ur re-sale will be better and u kno the mechanics kno their ****!

down - expensive

clinster73

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina S2
service it yourself!
holdens do rip you off!
or take it to the mechanic down the road...

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
sno said:
up - if u have a holden service history ur re-sale will be better and u kno the mechanics kno their ****!

No. You don't..

The guys at my local Holden dealership don't know ****.. I've had a number of bad run ins with em.. I wouldn't trust em to change a flat tyre..

These guys also charge more then other Holden dealers for everything..

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Yes the resale value would be more if you have it regularly serviced by holden, but I think all that money you spend on all those services would easily cancel that out.

Stimps

Reaction score
Members Ride
Old Commie
Mixed oppinions here as to where you should have ya car serviced and its resale .

IMO , if you have ya log book filled in by a good mechanic the most important thing any buyer would look for is the fact it " HAS " been regularly serviced . This IMO would be what makes it resale better or worse . :king: