Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Buying VX Supercharged????

blah070

Reaction score
I am about to buy a VX supercharghed 2001 commodore off a family friend it has 160 000km on it for $16000 i know it has been always serviced and never flogged because an older lady owned it and used it as a family car.

what i want to know isa what common problems are there with this model?? how logn does the super charger last??

also is it worth buying this supercharged model and what common problems should i look for before i hand over my cash??

thanks

peter

desruction

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Is it a berlina calais etc? $16k for a standard model with tht many k's seems a bit pricey. I am lookin for the exact same car and you can get a fully optioned calais with leather for about $16000 with only 100 000k's on it

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I'd just buy an SS, sorry but if it were i would prefer soemthing that didnt sound like a whistling fartbox :p

As for the price, i think it is far overpriced with that many km's.

blah070

Reaction score
yeh

it is just a S model. i thought it was a bit over priced, what would be a normal price for one with that many k's??

Also how godo is the performance on these supercharghed ones?? becuz the only reason i didnt want a Gen 3 was fuel wise becuz i know they are tank guzzlers....

thanks

Just_Ice

Reaction score
GEN III aren't fuel Guzzlers.......

Oil Guzzlers maybe.......

cuckoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 twin Turbo
minux said:
I'd just buy an SS, sorry but if it were i would prefer soemthing that didnt sound like a whistling fartbox :p

As for the price, i think it is far overpriced with that many km's.
you oviously need to go for a drive in mine if you think it is a whistling fartbox
Cuckoo:shutup:

Spyper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
I'm so pissed off I spent $15k on my car when another grand and I could have had a S/C calais.. fkn dealers. Should have gone private.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
cuckoo said:
you oviously need to go for a drive in mine if you think it is a whistling fartbox
Cuckoo:shutup:

Ah no i don't. Maybe you should come for a drive in a real blown engine ;)

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
Spyper said:
I'm so pissed off I spent $15k on my car when another grand and I could have had a S/C calais.. fkn dealers. Should have gone private.

i paid $18000 for my S/c XU6

blah070

Reaction score
as above

i forgot to mention its a rare devial yellow factory colour, how many of these were made in australia??

thankls