Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

need help with chocie of RIMS.Urgently

Egnitevt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S1 S-03
hey ther...

i have a VT berlina...(1998)
i like the VY Senotor rims... i wanna know wat rims wud look gud, on my car. and whether 19"inch rims are allowed, while im driving on my P;s..
also were can i find these cheap.good.rims...

Thanks alot for your time>

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Where do you live?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
No it is illegal to have 19 inch rims on your car. You need to have it engineered to suit the larger rolling diameter.

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
Go some 17's,you won't pay as much for tyres,anywhere above 17's and you'll fork out considerably more.I find 17's not too big,not too small,you will find good wheel/tyre packages available from your local tyre dealer,trading post and the like.

mistaken

... pimpin it VT stylez
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Check tempetyres.com.au for wheel/tyre packages. Personally 17s or 18s are best on commodores - but I agree with you on VY Senator rims *drool*

Egnitevt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S1 S-03
thank for that,...
appreciated..and 19inch are definatly illigal i see....hmm..
yep thanx for the pics...also for the advice. also nice white-beast...lol
likin it...

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Egnitevt said:
thank for that,...
appreciated..and 19inch are definatly illigal i see....hmm..
yep thanx for the pics...also for the advice. also nice white-beast...lol
likin it...

Doesnt mean you CANT do it, i havent seen anyone i know defected for it...so i guess you could take a chance.

bradvt98

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt executive
i think that there's that many getting around there not to fussed to be honest i live in tassie and i didn't even know it was illegal to have wheels any bigger than 2'' from standard unless it's not illegal here. But it is tassie and most things are illegal here so i don't know i have 18''s and have been pulled over many times for breathos and stuff and never has a cop asked me about the wheels

so yeah i don't think you would worry to much.
and by the way vy senator wheels won't come cheap.

oh and minux correct me if i'm wrong but the rolling diameter of the wheel shouldn't be any different to a standard size wheel. The bigger the wheel the lower profile tyre so it matches the same rolling diameter as a standard one
that is what i thought unless you go to 20''s

then i think rolling diameter has to be larger due to the tyre being to thin and needing a thicker wall so thicker tyre wall means larger diameter in that case an engineering certificate would be needed and also adjustment of the speedo.

Last edited:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
bradvt98 said:
i think that there's that many getting around there not to fussed to be honest i live in tassie and i didn't even know it was illegal to have wheels any bigger than 2'' from standard unless it's not illegal here. But it is tassie and most things are illegal here so i don't know i have 18''s and have been pulled over many times for breathos and stuff and never has a cop asked me about the wheels

so yeah i don't think you would worry to much.
and by the way vy senator wheels won't come cheap.

oh and minux correct me if i'm wrong but the rolling diameter of the wheel shouldn't be any different to a standard size wheel. The bigger the wheel the lower profile tyre so it matches the same rolling diameter as a standard one
that is what i thought unless you go to 20''s or could be 21''s then i think rolling diameter has to be larger due to the tyre being to thin in that case an engineering certificate would be needed and also adjustment of the speedo.

it changes from 19's up i believe. But most places when doing a roadworthy will go by rolling diameter, which does change.

bradvt98

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt executive
ok :) wouldn't imagine it would change alot though would it