Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX SS Bodykit

VTrumble

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II
Hey,
Im trying to find a VX SS bodykit to suit my VT....does anyone know where to get it from?? Ands do i need to modify anything in order to make it fit? Any info would ne much appreciated

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
a VX SS bodykit will fit a VT easy.
the only issue is with the headlight. VX had the tear drop lights and the VT doesnt.
change the headlights and it is simple as.

VT2VEight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Chev V8
Just did it

Hey mate,

I just got a full VXSS bodykit put on my white VT. I bought the kit off Ebay from a bumper shop in Dandenong (forgot the name). I paid $550 for it in 2-pac dupoint primer (apparently thats good). I didnt get the wing cos personally i think they look better without. I then bought two headlights from the wreckers. They are the ones with the black inserts. If you gonna get VX lights definaetley get the VXSS black insert ones. I paid about 130each for them, not easy to find though. The dear things are the foggies. I ended up buying them brand new for $110 each. Holden wanted $147 each, i told them to keep them. Ill post some pics soon of the job, looks much better the the pic in my avatar!!:thumbsup:

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
VT2VEight said:
Hey mate,

I just got a full VXSS bodykit put on my white VT. I bought the kit off Ebay from a bumper shop in Dandenong (forgot the name). I paid $550 for it in 2-pac dupoint primer (apparently thats good). I didnt get the wing cos personally i think they look better without. I then bought two headlights from the wreckers. They are the ones with the black inserts. If you gonna get VX lights definaetley get the VXSS black insert ones. I paid about 130each for them, not easy to find though. The dear things are the foggies. I ended up buying them brand new for $110 each. Holden wanted $147 each, i told them to keep them. Ill post some pics soon of the job, looks much better the the pic in my avatar!!:thumbsup:

where did you get the fog lamps for $110?
I got quoted $143 from the Holden distributor here in perth.
Mine are for VT SS not VX

I got quoted:
$143 per lamp each
$10 for 6 bolts to mount
$55 for switch assembly
$7.50 for relay
= $361 for parts ALL NEW

VTrumble

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II
Thanks for that! Yeh that would be awesome if you could get some pics! I have ordered my side skirts not even $100 for the pair (Brand New) so im happy with that! now i just have to hunt down these headlights...and of course the front and rear bar...
BTW- to fit the different headlights is there any body work involved or anything like that?

VT2VEight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Chev V8
The foggies were bought from a mob in Virginia, Brisbane called All Crash Parts. Im sure if you check the white pages for the number you'll find it. They send stuff to everywhere. I didnt get the bolts, im sure my Auto Electrician will have some spare ones lying around. For the switch assembly i bought a full silver facia with mode switch, fog light switch, interior light switch for like 70 bucks for the wreckers. They are Aussie Auto Recyclers in Slacks Creek. Good luck.

VT2VEight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Chev V8
VTrumble said:
Thanks for that! Yeh that would be awesome if you could get some pics! I have ordered my side skirts not even $100 for the pair (Brand New) so im happy with that! now i just have to hunt down these headlights...and of course the front and rear bar...
BTW- to fit the different headlights is there any body work involved or anything like that?

Forgot to add. No theres no bodywork enhancements, the headlights just bolt straight in. Cant wait for the foggies to go in on Tuesday, it will add that extra class to it!!