Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what is better KINGSPRINGs or PEDDERs

Egnitevt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S1 S-03
what is better KINGSPRINGS or PEDDERS when lowering?

any ideas. i got a quote about $400 for my vt to be lowerd 30mm at reer end and 40mm at front end.. with new springs either Kingsprings or pedders... idont kno whether im getting rippt off or not..and which springs are better.also how low wud you go i think 30mm and 40mm is not much,/? any advice
:dance:

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
I'd go King Springs personally..

In fact.. I did..

bradvt98

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt executive
if that price is for everything for new shockies which you'll need to lower it and also the price to get them installed then that's bloody cheap and you may need to think about a camber kit to

who gave you that quote?

i got a qoute from bob jane when i got my wheels and i was qouted around $800-$900:my:
any body want to tell me if that qoute was over the top or about right. I have yet to go to pedders for a qoute.

oh and i don't know alot really but to me king springs seem to be the go these days:thumbsup:

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
$800-900 is a bit steep..

$240 for springs if you buy em off ebay..
$175 to install..
$110 for alignment..

Plus $300 for shortened shockers or about $100 for normal shockers. Some people think you NEED shortened shockers, others don't..

The guy at Pedders told me it was a waste of money for just normal driving. And that in VT/VX's the springs just don't fall out unless you're really stupid..

So $400 is an awesome deal.. Although ask em what it includes..

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
lol, i love how people go the cheap on suspension. I spent almost $2500 on my last VT,was the best handling car i hgad ever driven for that small amount spent. I will be doing the same with this project, suspension setup should cost me about $2300, which isnt expensive, but guarentee's piece of mind when you are hooking into corners at 140+ km/h :)

Anyways off topic there...for just spring's, seems like an ok price installed.

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
ive got pedders sports ryder :) seems to do me fine :) (pedders superlows, shockies, adj panhard rod, struts etc)

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
KING'S to be sure,to be sure.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
i used lovells and prefer lovells but go kings over the pedders crap.

i agree with minux. if your gonna lower your car do it properly and spend the money. well worth it.
people that CUT there springs irritate me....then they complain about it being to soft, ride & cornering sh*t, etc :bang:
i spent close to $1750 on mine.
Lovells low at front, lovells superlow at rear, rear shocks, 4 pt camber kit, heavy duty link kits nothlane with polysomething bushes, maloo front struts and shocks, 4 wheel alignment.....next to do strut brace

Last edited:

Egnitevt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S1 S-03
KOOl.... i got my quote from bridgestone, in ST.ALBANS area, fairly gud price compared to the quote others got..

well also another thing,, some one told me to get A CCAMBER KIT...so the wheels dont go in or something? any adviceon what theat is ,,, or how i would benifit from it?

WinterVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
stops the wheels from rubbing in on your guards when you have the car lowered
Benefits......saves tyre wear