Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Fog Light Fitting

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
I have a VT Series 1 S pac, and i am organising putting in some VT SS Fog lights, i have a couple of questions that i am unsure of.

- are the wires and **** for the fog lights there already, or do i need to track some down?
- how easy is it to mount the Bezels to the front bar?
- how easy is it to cut the hole for the switch in the dash cos i dont wanna buy another one.
- and finally , how easy is it to wire it all up?

cheers..
raZel :thumbsup:

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
i am doing the same as you but not confident in doing it myself so getting my car stereo mate to do it after it comes back from panel beaters.

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
I fitted genuine ss driving lights to my VX s pac - so assuming the VT is the same - the job is easy.

I originally bought some after market lights - trying to fit them with make shift brackets was very tricky. So I ditched them and bought the genuine article - lesson learnt.

That said - on the VX - you just push out the 2 blanking pods on the front spolier. The mounting holes are already there so you just slot the lights in and screw up the 3 bolts supplied with nuts with the lights ( I think - if not easily purchased).

The wiring harness is there on both sides - usually taped up to the loom from memory and with the plug already attached. So you just connect those.

You will need a relay - which goes into the appropriate relay position in the fuse/relay box in the engine (LHS). Relay lid shows the position.

The switch loom is already there behind the dash - just below the light switch. Cutting the dash is a slow but carefull job - not hard - just dont rush it and cut a smaller whole and file out gradually to fit the switch. The switch should just pop in.

Finally - in my case the orange driving light indicator globe did not work in the dash - I found out why - on my car the globe was just missing. You need to remove various bit of the dash to get to the globe holder - not hard just logical removal of bits very carefully. Some cars may already have the globe in -I think it's a random thing as to which cars have them - so try first to see if it works before pulling out the dash trim.

So - the job is relatively easy - just take care and time. As I said - I am assuming the VT is the same as the VX S pak.

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
sweet as, thanks mate... so are you saying your found it hard to put the bezels into the bumper? and you got sick of it andbought a new bumper or are you saying that you bought aftermarket stuff and that didn't work... as for the wiring i am not sure its there, where about is it? is it taped up with some other stuff or soemthing... do u happen to have a wiring diagram for the circuit.
thanks alot for your help. much appreciated.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
raZel said:
sweet as, thanks mate... so are you saying your found it hard to put the bezels into the bumper? and you got sick of it andbought a new bumper or are you saying that you bought aftermarket stuff and that didn't work... as for the wiring i am not sure its there, where about is it? is it taped up with some other stuff or soemthing... do u happen to have a wiring diagram for the circuit.
thanks alot for your help. much appreciated.

he bought aftermarket lights which were are pain to get on therefore went and bought the genuine.

let me know how yours goes coz i wanna know what i am up against when i do mine.

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
Correct DeanoVT - I bought after market lights - then had to buy the genuine ones - so no change to the bumper or mounting.

Can't remember what the front spolier on the VT s pac looks like - but the VX has two round black pods which just pop out easily and the driving lights fit in their place.

If the VT is wired up like the VX - the wiring should be there. (from Memory) as you poke your head under the bumper - look for the wiring loom. Taped to it should be the electrical female spade connector for the lights - same on opposite side.

If not there - check with an electrican or Holden. If you need to put in wiring - then the relay and switch wiring etc. may be a tad more complicated (I am not a sparky). If it is there - then fitting is as described in my original post.

Don't have a wiring diagram sorry - as mentioned - I tapped into what was already in place.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I have a VT acclaim and the wiring is there also. Ithought it was for fog lights but I wasn't really sure. I found them after I already installed some lights.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
accentstencil said:
I have a VT acclaim and the wiring is there also. Ithought it was for fog lights but I wasn't really sure. I found them after I already installed some lights.
thats a bummer.
well hope the wiring is there when i do mine coz its an executive originally

WinterVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
I had the fog lights done on my VX S after I bought the car, to check to see if you have the loom take the fuse cover off in the engine bay
and check to see if there is a spare spot labelled for FOG LIGHTS. If you have it, the loom should be there :)

Last edited:

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
well i know that the VX S pac's have the holes alreayd there for the lights, so you have it much easier than i... i have to mount the bezels on there and do all that crap... so i have to find some lights at a decent price and also find the wiring... should be fun...
then i have to do the switch, even more fun lol