Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VTII Berlina Steering Wheel ?

nmldb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II Berlina Wagon
Just got a VTII Berlina Wagon - 73,000K logged miles. Great condition. But, the steering wheel isn't a Berlina one for some reason - it doesn't have the audio controls on it at all.

Now, I was going to upgarde the standard stereo head unit anyway, so as I understand it, the audio controls on the steering wheel won't work anyway after that ? Is that right ? Local car audio shop said that can be fixed with some sort of relay - at a cost of more than $250 on top of the new head unit. Shizzzz.

So, if I upgrade the stereo head unit, I suppose the standard steering wheel that it's now got will be ok. In any event, anyone know where I can get a proper Berlina steering wheel from, how much that is and how much to fit (seeing it's got an air bag with it, better to get the pro's to fit one I suppose).

If I upgrade the stereo later, I know the Audio contols on the Berlina steering wheel won't work, but at least it will have a Berlina "looking" steering wheel.

Thanks

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
As you said, if you instal an aftermarket stereo, the steering wheel controls won't work. If you want the controls anyway I don't think you have to buy a new steering wheel, just the controls. They are often available on ebay. I just had a quick look on ebay and there are none at the moment

ScottB_33

Go Hard or Go Home
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Berlina Supercharged
There are some posts about getting the steering wheel controls to work. I have fitted the controls on my VTII Berlina also and have changed the head unit to be a Maestro system even though you can get the steering wheel controls to work in a standard head unit. You must change the clockspring to a calais one and run your own wires to the head unit but I have done it. Not an overly expensive job but a little time consuming running all the wiring. Hope this helps!!

Berlina

Reaction score
Website
s64.photobucket.com
Members Ride
vz sv6 A5
But, the steering wheel isn't a Berlina one for some reason - it doesn't have the audio controls on it at all.

I have fitted the controls on my VTII Berlina

Correct me if I'm wrong......VT II Berlinas dont have the steering wheel stereo controls as standard.....

Mine doesnt.........

Heres an idea.....put hand on shifter, lift arm 3 inches, extend fingers....whoooo, stereo on.

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
As 'Berlina' said, the VTII berlina doesnt come with audio controls on the wheel, only the Calais does, VXs have audio controls from exec up though