Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Fluid question

TriK

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Berlina II sedan
Hey guys,

Just bought a Series 2 Berlina Sedan and was wondering:

Whats a good quality motor oil to use?

Radiator Coolant?

Brake Fluid(ABS brakes i think)?

Transmission Fluid?

i used distilled water to top up water dont i?

Also does running a tank of premium every now and then benefit the life of the motor as it only has 75,000km's on it. And i want this baby to last.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Engine oil - Penrite 15W-40 - Semi Synthetic

Brake Fluid - Penrite Dot 4

Tranny - Castrol Dex 3

Top up with a 50/50 mixture of Coolant (the one in your system) and distilled water..

Using a tank of premium every now and then will have no effect at all. Neither good nor bad..

The existing petrol in the tank will drag down the RON of the premium you're pumping in. It takes about 5-6 tanks of premium to flush out all of the other petrol already in the tank.

Run on one or the other, otherwise, no point..

TriK

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT Berlina II sedan
thanks!

thanks shounak thats exactly what i was wanting to hear.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
The most important thing is to change the fluids and filters etc regularly using good quality products, Everyone has their own preferences, I only use mobil products, mobil 1 10w30, and don't forget the coolant tabs for the water pump. The service intervals are fine for brake fluid, coolant and engine oil, (If using mineral engine oil change at 5,000). but i would change trans fluid every 40,000, diff oil and power steer fluid every 100,000.
Andrew

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
i use shell premium since i bought my VX but so far have only used about 5 tanks..... i tested my 1990 Nissan Skyline over a 6 month period (mostly do city driving) and i averaged 16 miles per gallon....... changed to premium and did another 6 month test and got 21 miles per gallon....... hard to believe... more expensive fuel but more miles ( kilometers) per dollar than standard unleaded... my daughter tried the same with her ford raider.... same result as me.... further kilometers on $40 fillup on premium than $40 fillup on standard....