Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Looking at buying a VT whats fuel ecomnomy like

willy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
Hi to all i have a VS ute and i get about 350-400k to a tank, and i am looking at buying a VT and was wondering what kind of fuel economy they get.

also what is the difference between a Executive, Berlina, Acclaim, Calais, etc.

Thanks in advance

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
Although your vs and the vt both having the same engine, the vt has allot more mass and you can tell by fuel consumption, i have both a vs and vt and i can tell you a vt uses quite a bit more. But if you are worried about the rising cost of petrol, take the goverments offer up and get it converted to gas and get a $2000 rebate.

Execuitive is like the base model nothing special
Berlina not sure of difference (elec windows)
Acclaim - not sure of difference
Calais - electrics all round cd player, grey skirting... and so on normail calais stuff

you would be better of googling it and looking what exactly comes out on each model

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
Check out this link for info on the various models.
350-400k from a tank is crap.
My VX gets about 550k around town and up to 750k on the freeway.

SS202

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6
i have a vt wagon which sees almost no highway use at all these days, and get 510k's to a tank
i drove from canberra to bris over last christmas and the 'distance to empty' read 900 km's to a tank by the time i got to bris
i only used up 2.5 tanks on the whole trip so i think that it was a pretty reliable reading

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
i can get between 650 (around city) - 820 (country driving) out of a tank tho it depends how hard u drive it also of corse thrashing it will use more lol plus im pretty sure the VT has a bigger tank than the VS?????

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
wrx884 said:
i can get between 650 (around city) - 820 (country driving) out of a tank tho it depends how hard u drive it also of corse thrashing it will use more lol plus im pretty sure the VT has a bigger tank than the VS?????

Correct wrx884:thumbsup:

The VT sedan has a 75 L tank

The VS sedan has a 59 L tank

willy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
What about a V8 how many k's to a tank on them and what are V8's like on the gas, is that possible or not.

Thanks

J

Jay101

Hi,

I have just bought a VT Wagon, 99, with 160K on clock. Its an executive, so its a base model. But it has a 60litre tank, and I get an average 640k out of it. I havent done any real Freeway driving yet tho. Its a real good buy, and as its a base model, you can pretty much do what you want to it. Id definately buy another !

Jason

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Jay101 said:
Hi,

I have just bought a VT Wagon, 99, with 160K on clock. Its an executive, so its a base model. But it has a 60litre tank, and I get an average 640k out of it. I havent done any real Freeway driving yet tho. Its a real good buy, and as its a base model, you can pretty much do what you want to it. Id definately buy another !

Jason
Congratulations on getting your VT and welcome to the forum. You should have a 75L tank unless you have gas.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Commodore:
Executive (base model. V6 or V8 auto or man)
Acclaim (not much difference to exec, + air con. V6 Auto)
Equipe (power windows, cd player, electric antenna. V6 Auto)
Berlina (power windows, cd, traction control, climate control air con, Independent rear suspension. V6 or V8 Auto)
S (Body kit, CD player, electric antenna, power windows V6 or V6superchaged Auto or Manual)
SS (body kit with fog lamps, cd player, electric antenna, power windows V6supercharged- VT series1 only or V8- 5.0lt series1, 5.7lt series2, auto or manual)

Calais (Full electrics, 10stack cd player, woodgrain inserts/dash, badging, chrome inserts around windows etc, V6, V6supercharged, or V8, Auto)

Statesman & Caprice

As for fuel consumption my v6 vt calais uses roughly 12.7-13.7 Lt/100km city driving and gets roughly 530 or so to a tank (havent worked it out properly yet as i fill up as soon as i see petrol at a "cheap" price)