Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt camber

wib98

Reaction score
Hi all,
First post, (Newbie). I have just purchased my first VT series 1 Commodore, Low K's 115,000 and in great nick. Been a Ford man for the last 20 years, and I'm a bit worried about the rear wheel camber. It has been lowered with Pedders suspension and munroe shocks. It sits on 17" wheels and the camber seems off a fair bit.
The question I have is:
Will this effect the handling and damage the rear end at all. I have noticed some VT's on the road with the same problem, so should I fit a camber Kit? ( $400 or so), or should'nt I worry about it. Thanks for your help.
By the way, my car is heaps more powerful than the old EA.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
yes get a camber kit
if you dont youll oly scrub out your tyres and over 5 yrs you will end up paying way more for tyres than the camber kit
i did mine 5 yrs ago (was under 100 bux then) and best thing i ever did
ive never had a tyres scrub out
peders did mine

knowledge_is_power

Quest for Cognition
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII V6 A4
Yes, get the Camber/Toe kit done as it does wear the inside of the tyres out fairly quickly (as mentioned previously by daron.)

Also you will find that you have a little less traction when trying to take off. This traction problem is exaggerated in the wet.

Jezz

jonesy23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
Just a quick question with the camber kit. (dont know alot about it) i am getting mine done on wednesday by pedders and was asked if want to do both(2 kits) or just one. is that meaning top and bottom? and also if that is the case is it a good idea to get them both done

knowledge_is_power

Quest for Cognition
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII V6 A4
Its normally referred to as inner and outer kits. Pedders don't normally like doing both as there is issues with diff and CV's wearing. The additional wear is due to incorrect adjustment. You use the inner kit for Toe and outer for Caster I believe (it could be the other way round so check) and If your getting it done, do both. I have had both installed and while it has helped it would benefit from more adjustment which I can't get.

Jezz