Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

servicing

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Just wandering what the average price is to service a vt commodore berlina from a holden dealer or an independent like k'mart for eg.
I have owned the car for 6 months and it is coming up for it's 160000km service which includes oil and filter,fuel filter,air filter, spark plugs and fluid top ups.
Thanks guys.

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Message posted 4 days ago, yet no replies. Thanks guys.

daggett

Crazy Tiger
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Wagon
Your looking at around the $150 - $160 mark for an independant. God only knows how much Holden charges!

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Yeah sounds about right for a six, could nearly get it cheaper if you look hard enough.

Do it yourself if your half cluey, wouldn't cost that much at all, airfilter you can get a paper one for less then 20, oil, 50, coolant 30, plugs 20max..

Mind you, you'll probably swear alot and spend a few extra dollars on the day, but its definately worth doing it yourself. Maybe even get a manual if you don't have one already, theres 50..

However, if you want the log books done etc.. Take it in.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
we get charged $180 for a warranty service from toyota for our V8 VT Calais

V

VTHold98

:eek: You are looking at around 200.00 from a holden dealer !!! plus they might find something else you need doing !!!!

FastEHHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
pogo stick
I am lucky enough?? to have a Harrier warranty thru a North Sydney Dealership (they will remain unnamed) This entitles me to be ripped off to the tune of $175 every 6 months or 10000 km lest I void my poverty packed warranty. The Harrier service as carried out by the dealers are shizenhousen...this I know as it is the reason I quit my job at another unnamed Holden dealer....

After quitting Holden i worked at an independant where they charge $99 for a minor, around $120 for a major and $140 for 4wd servicing.

You guys are getting ripped off blind.....even at retail prices service parts are only about $50-60 for you to buy...add to that labour at $50/hr (and you don't think they spend more than that on your car do you?)

For you guys that aren't locked into dealer servicing, and are out of warranty find a cheap independant or do it yourself.
If you are in warranty find a cheap independant..don't risk doing it yourself.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
I have mine serviced at Holdens under an extended warranty deal. I pay $170. I understand from my dealer I do not have to use them for the service, as long as the paperwork is stamped by an approved mechanic.

FastEHHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
pogo stick
Thats right...this type of warranty is offered by Harrier....unfortunately I have my warranty tied to the dealership that sold me the car...It would have been much better if I could have the type that you have...and I could..if I wanted to pay for it.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
FastEHHolden said:
Thats right...this type of warranty is offered by Harrier....unfortunately I have my warranty tied to the dealership that sold me the car...It would have been much better if I could have the type that you have...and I could..if I wanted to pay for it.

So your saying you don't have the option of getting it fixed anywhere - you have to go to the dealer your purchased the car from?