Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

exhaust

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
I just got mine done, just have a straight through pipe with a muffler and a twin tip. Sounds tough :)

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
i have a redback sports 2 1/2 inch exhaust, very nice.

not sure how much they cost as it was on the car when i bought it, but it sounds mean when u give it a few revs and when on highway driving, sounds ALOT better than any cd!

idling is nice too, not over the top, but not quiet

don0xer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Calais 3.8L Supercharged
Ive got an Xforce twin 2.25" on mine, it was on it when i first baught the car off the auctions, so no idea on price. I had to change the exhaust over for a stock v8 one to pass rwc and only just put it back on last week. It seems to sound a bit deeper yet flatter now, doesnt bother me now... maybe it was a little loose when i got it or something oh well ive got a vid of the exhaust note... i forgot to reduce the quality when recording it so its about 13mb sorry :p

http://media.putfile.com/xforce-twin-225

grimavxs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S2
I've got the redback 2 1/2 cat back system with dual outlet muffler..

once warmed up has a really mean sound - idle isn't loud or droney at all - but once you hit it, it definitely turns heads..

as for price, got mine fitted for $300 a litle while ago, so anywhere between 300 and 400 supplied and fitted is decent.

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
ive got a 2 1/2 inch straight through lukey and that makes a real nice note...not droney barks real hard. if i get round to it ill post a sound file of it...

cheers
ryan

Gothevu

Off the chain
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S2 Ute - 5 sp manual
Ryan how much was your lukey system, ive got a goanna system its starting to rust out, it was only cheap $250

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
yeh my lukey system was $220 and then i got a tip with it as well which made it $270 all up. sounds real good hey with a definate bark especially at 3 grand....mmm lukey

hope that helps mate

cheers
ryan

VIPVT

Reaction score
I've got a custom made twin 2 1/4 from the extractors to the cat, hi-flo magnaflow cat, and then 2 1/2 all the way back with only the main front resonator still on, with twin pipes at the end. Idles like a 5 litre with an exhaust and when i punch it sounds like a worked 6.

My cousins got a worked supercharged vt and mine sounds the same if not even more tougher.

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
yeh there are so many setups you can get its unbelievable...basically you've just gotta find sumthing that your happy with....for example i wouldn't mind mine being louder (dad doesn't lol) but the only reason i aven't done anything more (gunna get extractors soon) is coz i love the burble i get back down the pipe from the manual box...:w00t: that is a real nice sound.