Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Boss kits for VT steering wheels to fit a VZ/VY steering wheel?

nEb.

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY II Acclaim
Hi guys,
just wondering
a. is it possible? (do they make boss kits to fit vt's with vy/vz steering wheels(the pretty ones with the silver garnish parts on them))
b. if so, where do i get it from?

coz i rkn the vt steering wheels look like shite, and i dont wana go fully sick nd get a momo wheel, what do you guys think?

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
i recon its a good idea, ive thought about doin the same thing too...the vy s/wheels look alot better than the vt ones...

i dunno if u can do it but if u can, let us know how it goes :thumbsup:

nEb.

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY II Acclaim
does anybody know the number for holden? i.e how to get in contact with their parts dept.?

nEb.

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY II Acclaim
OK

i got into contact with the holden service department and the guy there said that on holdens behalf they do not recommend changing the steering wheels from a VT wheel to the VZ/VY one. The reason of which is because the VT/VX/VU series steering wheels are calibrated differntly to that of the VY/VZ series, also the guy told me that there could be a possiblity of air bag issues.
He said that holden doesnt recommend the steering wheel change, but if i wanted to do it that holden cant really stop me, he told me to get into contact with my nearest holden dealership, and to speak to the service department there (garage boys) in regards to the boss kit etc.

Hope this helps out a few of you guys, ill chase up the holden dealer soon, and i'll let you lot know whats happening.

P.S
If anybody wants to get in contact with holden here are their contact details:

Customer Assistance Centre
GM Holden Ltd,
PO Box 1714,
Melbourne, Victoria,

Phone: 1800 033 349
Fax: (03) 9647 1237

Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 8am - 7pm (EST)
Saturday 9am - 1pm (EST)

I just rang my local dealership and spoke to the guy in spare parts dep. he told me that holden dont make anything like that (boss kit for vt's to fit a VY/VZ steering wheel), he told me the steering columns were completely differnt and that if i was after the boss kit n steering wheel id have to mope around aftermarket places, although he stressed the safety issues with the air bags ... there we have it boys, holden dont make it and its a safety issue, i think we should all give this one a skip, unless somebody finds an aftermarket place that sells them

- much love, Neb!

Last edited:

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
Ive seen it done, it can be done as long as you have a suitable VY air bag to go with it, I just cant find a picture of it.

It was either fitted to a VX SS or a Monaro, I'm sure it was an SS. Looked sharp and if the airbags didnt cost $300 I'd be fitting one to my VX as we speak :bang:

beany

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR EXECUTIVE
vy to vx ss

iv done it all air bag lights have gone off you just have to put an extra wire for the horn if i take it back off ill take some picturs to show you we have just about finished a rebuild so i want to check it

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
I'm sure he has figured it all out. Being 3 years ago and all.

MY_84_VK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina/VX S Pac
A mate of mine has done it, really isn't that hard at all I was just told there was something a little different with the airbag wiring (the plug), otherwise they are a straight fit with no boss kit required. I'm sure that someone on here would have a thread in regards to it, just do a bit of a forum search and I'm sure you will find something.