Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

How to make a stock VT Sound Grunty

Heffer_Slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Hey everyone, i just have one question and it is pretty much what the title says!

How would i go about making my stock VT Sound grunt, give it that nice ROARR :thumbsup:

It is completely stock as far as i know of, what would need to be bought and approximatley how much?

Thanks Fellas!

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Sell it and get a V8... that will give u a "grunty" sound.... lol

just slap a catback exhaust on it which will cost u about 300 bux and you will have a loud car... dunno if the sound is "GRUNTY"

I got a redback 2.5 catback without the rear resi and the overall feedback from people is "Its sounds pretty good.............. for a 6..." lol

Or u can put lumpy cams in the engine and do a whole lot of other stuff to give u the sound ur after but thats all very pricey just to have get a sound...

There was a thread already covering this sorta stuff... use the search tool buddy...

People posted sound clips n all of what their exhaust sounds like

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
get a exhaust

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Any exhaust shop, if you live around dandenong I recommend dandy exhaust or rex's exhausts. These can be found on cheltnam road.

Just ask for a red back exhaust system, its a straight through 2.5" pipe from your cat back with a hi-performance muffler. Dont pay past $350 for it.

Than you will need a tip, which im selling a 2.5" chrome oval tip for cheap if your interested.

Heffer_Slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Are Installment costs much? Could it be done at any home garage?

UPDATE: Can anybody show me Sound clips or videos? I checked out the lukey exhausts on there site...they sound mean! I want a nice deep idle sound, something loud but still not TO loud where it becomes irritating and cant hear my stereo!
Probeby by reading up these 2 exhausts that seem good...the Redback 2.5 or the Lukey...im just not sure which one to go for.
Without dropping a V8 in it....

Last edited:

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
That $350 would include installment, it can be done at a home garage if you know what your doing.

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
just stick a 2.5" cat back on it, costs like 350ish with a nice tip ont he end...

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
I went through a guy on here, for un-fabricated 2.5" pipe for cat back, hi-performance muffler for $120. And got it fitted and pipe fabricated for $80 and sounds exactly like a red back exhaust :) but just saved money by looking around.

if your interested I can give you his details.

sno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
if u want sound go a lukey 2.5" or just get one of those hotdogs..