Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Lowering a VT and IRS.

bjcass

Reaction score
Just after some info on lowering a VT Calais.
Im looking at using King springs either

* "super lows" which claim to be 50mm-60mm lower than standard, or
* "ultra lows"? (also a king spring) that claims to be 65mm lower than standard.

From what I gather the K-mac camber kit for the rear offers the best adjustment.

Also I have been told that king springs fit well in terms of trapment in Pedders sports ryder short stroke front struts. Prob use Pedderes shocks in the rear aswell.

I'm wondering if anyone out there has used this combination on there car and what they thought of it. Also does a K-mac camber kit allow enough adjustment to eliminate inner tyer wear completly with either of the above springs? I know the Pedders camber kits are pretty useless and its hard to find someone who knows how to adjust them. When I asked a bloke who did a wheel allignment on my VR calais about the camber adjustment he didn't even know it had a kit fitted. Does anyone know of a good wheel allingment shop in Melbourne??

jbourke

Reaction score
I have Ultra lows in my VT. Think carfully about ultra lows! Because they will slam your car on its balls. Forget most drive through's, (In geelong anyway) dirt roads, and raised drive ways. Also you will proberly only want 2 in the back at a time. I use King springs, with pedders shocks.

And yes good luck finding someone to fit your camber! It isnt that no one can do it, it is just no one wants 2! It is a pain in the ass job.