Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Exhaust help...

Mr540

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Executive S1
Hey, I got a 99 model Vt, and im thinking about having my exhaust done, The thing is, I dont know what kind of exhaust to go with.

I dont want it to sound too much like an 8 like alot of cars do these days, but i want it to make a bit of noise at the same time sounding nice.

Any help or suggestions would be great

Mr540
Daniel

BarossaVT

VT L67 214rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S L67
My suggestion is the FIT 3" cat back. Great exhaust for note & flow with the option of 2 resonators to choose from!!

Check it out v6supercharged.com.au

sno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
look around this forum.. some members have posted sound clips from different makes of exhausts..

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
My suggestion is the FIT 3" cat back. Great exhaust for note & flow with the option of 2 resonators to choose from!!

Check it out v6supercharged.com.au

I heard the 3" exhaust system is great for a L67 but not so great for a ecotec...

Not enough backpressure or sumfin and you loose out on the botoom end...

I just got my HM Headers put on yesterday so now i got the headers and a redback 2.5 catback with no rear resi...

Sounds throaty as a bastard till about 3thou, then its just starts to Roar!!

I'll try n post up a clip... I posted up 2 clip in a thread called "Making the V6 sound grunty" or sumfin like that

Just search "grunty" and you should find it...

Good Luck

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
No resonator? is that OK or not? phew that would sound loud and "growl"

Does the VX6 have resonator? what is it ? is it the middle muffer after the cat converter?

like in order from the front to rear - headers / catalyst / resonator / muffler

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The VX stock system after the cat is muffler/muffler. A resonator is a straight through design muffler that works to quiet the exhaust noise. A straight through performance muffler and a resonator are basically the same. The job they do determines the name you call it. Typically a resonator is fitted to the rear of a sports system but can be any additional can added to the system to quieten it. Most people don't fit the resonator because they like the note, but on auto cars they tend to drone without one. Personal choice.

FIT 3" cat back is designed for a supercharged engine, it will not perform on a N/A. Go 2 1/2" with straight through perforated tube design mufflers that are glass packed. Magna Flow use stainless steel with spun volcanic rock, dearer but they last 10 times longer.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Couldn't of said it better than Not_An_Abba_Fan!

I have nothing to add... lol... :p

matt182

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt 50th executive
The VX stock system after the cat is muffler/muffler. A resonator is a straight through design muffler that works to quiet the exhaust noise. A straight through performance muffler and a resonator are basically the same. The job they do determines the name you call it. Typically a resonator is fitted to the rear of a sports system but can be any additional can added to the system to quieten it. Most people don't fit the resonator because they like the note, but on auto cars they tend to drone without one. Personal choice.

FIT 3" cat back is designed for a supercharged engine, it will not perform on a N/A. Go 2 1/2" with straight through perforated tube design mufflers that are glass packed. Magna Flow use stainless steel with spun volcanic rock, dearer but they last 10 times longer.

What do you mean by drone.

I have a VT auto but its way to quiet :whistling do you suggest the same?