Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy dash fit in vu???

cal3nz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V8
hey guys will a vy dash fit into a vu ss

any info will b most apreciated
cheers calenz

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
You can, but you better be prepared for a big job. Its not just a case of popping out and replacing panels. I'd imagine that the entire dash would have to come out, so there's nothing left except the wiring. And then you'd have to figure out how the new dash hooks up. Also, because of the different display that the VY instrument cluster uses, you'd also probably have to replace your ECU.

scrano

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina LS1
Someone did do it, and they did the entire interior, including the centre console, and shifter, and the wole works. It looked awesome, but I know that there was a lot of work involved, even with just making the shifter fit. Gotta admit though, it does look awesome as a mod

cal350

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt calais ls1 6speed
11.jpgcan be done i done it to my vt calais

scrano

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina LS1
View attachment 148607can be done i done it to my vt calais

How hard was it mate? Did you have to change the ECU as well? It looks as though you did all of the centre console, and shifter, and everything as well. What mods did you have to make, to get it all to fit and working?

cal350

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt calais ls1 6speed
basically the car now is a vy in the wiring dept,theres not one wire that was originally from the vt ,everything was done from all the interior,dash, seats,climate control,console,handbrake etc was easy, but time consuming ,yes i used the vy ecu and body control module ,so i call it my 2004 vt calais

feistl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 6.3L/M6
It can be done, but you need to start with a 100% complete donar car, that way its just a transfer over. I recently did a WHII statesman into a VX (So climate control, auto headlights etc). The one thing you dont want to do is try and source parts separately...

Its much easier and less pain to just buy a VY though...

cal350

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt calais ls1 6speed
just do it mate theres nothing like it when someone says," it just looks like a vt to me" ,then you open the door to show them ,they just just stare and then the questions start

cal350

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt calais ls1 6speed
theone.jpgheres another pic when it was all done