Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

dash kits

storm192

Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Storm
Hi all,

I've got a vu storm and im looking at changing the dash kit (grey/silver trim that runs around the aircon vents, dials, stereo and gears) to a metallic black. I've found one through jhp vehicle Enhancements but its around $300.

just wondering if anyone had any ideas of where else i could get one cheaper? Or if painting it would look any good??

Cheers

Bryan

Alister

Reaction score
What about a piano black dash fascia (the one that's used in the V2 Series 1 Monaros)? Costs about $150 complete from Holden.
Then you could buy the VY/VZ silver aircon door vents from Holden as well for $50.

Lloyd1986

Reaction score
Website
www.lcimagery.com
Members Ride
VX II Supercharged S pack
Any idea how much the piano black dash facia is for the VT/VX? From Holden? I found the one on JPH and its $330. Its really rare on ebay, but when it does come up it doesnt got for more than $150 so I don't really want to spend $330

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Paint it yourself, its really easy!

Lloyd1986

Reaction score
Website
www.lcimagery.com
Members Ride
Does it turn out well? Like does it look like a quality finish, or can you see the surface isn't quite smooth? Also, how is its fingerprint/scratch resistance?

180sc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais & vh sl
Does it turn out well? Like does it look like a quality finish, or can you see the surface isn't quite smooth? Also, how is its fingerprint/scratch resistance?

With good prep Ie prime and sand with fine paper it should come out like glass if you can use a spray can good enough. quality will depend on how patient you are and quality of paint used and if done right should be pretty good scratch wise.

Lloyd1986

Reaction score
Website
www.lcimagery.com
Members Ride
Cool thanks, I'll look up some stuff about spray painting then. I did a similar thing to the front grill of a car once, and it looked good, but it certainly wasent smooth as glass. But then again the grill didn't start out that smooth.

Alister

Reaction score
Any idea how much the piano black dash facia is for the VT/VX? From Holden? I found the one on JPH and its $330. Its really rare on ebay, but when it does come up it doesnt got for more than $150 so I don't really want to spend $330

As I said before, from Holden, it is about $150 - $160.