Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

are these wheels to good to be true?

pepsi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
are these wheels to good to be true? also am i getting ripped off on extractors

i have a couple questions

1. i like cv8 or cv8-r monaro rims, not totally sure what they are called but i found them in the trading post, heres a pic of the ad

mags.JPG

i know there not genuine but does that really matter?? i mean as long as the look good right, there not gonna break...are they?and is it a good price for them?

2. also ive been debating over getting either 17' sor 18's for my vt. im still unsure what to get. if i got 18's would i have to get the speedo redone or something???

3. adding to this again. am i getting ripped off if i pay 520 for pacemaker extractors? and how much does it cost to get your car lowerd? 350??
cheers pepsi

Last edited:

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
They certainly are cheap. I doubt whether they would break. I don't think you need to get the speedo calibrated for 18's, but legally, you can probably only go 17's in most states.

pepsi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
They certainly are cheap. I doubt whether they would break. I don't think you need to get the speedo calibrated for 18's, but legally, you can probably only go 17's in most states.

do you have any idea what genuine ones are worth?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
the fact they are not holden genuine and only 17's isnt really that cheap. Wheels arent that expensive, its the tyres that kill you.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
I got quoted for those wheels with some reasonable tyres for $1500, I thought this was cheap for 18's.

bassmansimon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S 5 speed
i got the same ones, but in 18", and they cost me 800 for the set (plus tyres of course)

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
with the cheaper wheels the only thing you have to worry about is vibratation problems because cheaper wheels tend to be more likly to be buckled from factory

bassmansimon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S 5 speed
hmm yep i've got that problem... my front wheels (which used to be on the rear until last week) vibrate when travelling at 80kmh. i think next time i get a tyre and they balance it should fix itself though. maybe the balancing weights have fallen off. (sorry pepsi didn't mean to steal your thread... just thought you should know that this happens)

pepsi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
hmm yep i've got that problem... my front wheels (which used to be on the rear until last week) vibrate when travelling at 80kmh. i think next time i get a tyre and they balance it should fix itself though. maybe the balancing weights have fallen off. (sorry pepsi didn't mean to steal your thread... just thought you should know that this happens)

nah its cool, they suit your car well.

did you get them from that place in the ad?

you got any more pics?

i wouldnt want them to vibrate. have they always vibrated? when you get them balanced can you tell me if it stopped?

cheers