Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

coolant change.

M

mrVT

Hey all today went at super cheap auto and got castrol 2.5 lt of concentrate coolant cause decided to flush the radiator and didnt want pre mixed cooland because i was told its not strong enuff by mechanics, question i want answerd is i heard the radiator takes 12 lt of water approx how much concentrate should i mix with water out of that 2.5 lt concentrate coolant???

Lloyd1986

Reaction score
Website
www.lcimagery.com
Members Ride
VX II Supercharged S pack
Your gonna need to buy another 2.5 lt of the concentrate. Minimum amount of coolant should be 1/3rd concentrate to 2/3rds water. Maximum would be 1/2 coolant to 1/2 water. It should say on the bottle you bought.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Hey all today went at super cheap auto and got castrol 2.5 lt of concentrate coolant cause decided to flush the radiator and didnt want pre mixed cooland because i was told its not strong enuff by mechanics, question i want answerd is i heard the radiator takes 12 lt of water approx how much concentrate should i mix with water out of that 2.5 lt concentrate coolant???

Does the coolant contain Ethylene Glycol, because the V6 is pretty fussy when it comes to coolant and it should not contain an inhibitor. This is why I buy a coolant which conforms to the GM-H factory specification HN2043 for the V6 commodore.

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Does the coolant contain Ethylene Glycol, because the V6 is pretty fussy when it comes to coolant and it should not contain an inhibitor. This is why I buy a coolant which conforms to the GM-H factory specification HN2043 for the V6 commodore.
absolutely true As I Believe Castrol is good in cooling system gear, but the GMH Factory Coolant is the best for the heads of the ecotec.

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
This is the Castrol product you should have....

castrol_af350_australia_50x70.jpg

Castrol Anti-Freeze 350

An ethylene glycol based coolant specially formulated for Holden (eg. V6 Commodore) corrosion and water pump seal performance.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Holden recommendations are a 50:50 mix of water and coolant.