Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will VY dash fit into a VX ???

V

VX_STATIO

Hello everyone

I have stumbled along a vy statesman interior at a wrecker, im very intrested in buying it and putting the whole interior into my exec vx wagon, i know the seats and door trims etc will fit, i know the back seat has to be modified but i have a mate who is a retrimer

the only questions i dare ask, will the VY dash board fit into the vx, and will there be any dramas connecting all electricals, steering wheel etc

Thanx for your help

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I think the dash parts will ne a hssel but the interior would look pretty kewl i must say, if you do end up getting it pics would be great

P

Phantom SS

some hassles

Are you talking about the whole complete dash ???? as in airbag, glovebox, radio and instrument cluster or just the instrument cluster??? :drink:

V

VX_STATIO

the whole dash dude including centre console, head unit, air bags, steering wheel, everything, i dont want to see anything from a vx in that interior.

the interior is sold as one pice, basically he said he only wants to see metal inside the car and not one piece of trim.

please do help guys because i have to go pay for it on sunday and it's costing a pretty penny

P

Phantom SS

Hassles

Dont hold me to this but it should fit in no worries, but make sure you get ALL the wiring looms for everything, cruise, wipers, radio, steering wheel buttons, lights, interior lights, airbags, seats, climate control ect.
the dash on the vt vx has a square 20 pin connector and on the vy it is a 32 pin rectangle connector,?????? SOME MODS required????????
also variable speed wipers may not work if your car was not fitted with this option.
the raio head unit may not work as the securuty code runs of the cars main computer and it may not reconise the unit????? can anyone else varify this????
big job but if you go through with it keep us all posted on how you went.
:drink:

V

VX_STATIO

thanx dude really apreciate the info man, all i need to know now is will it bolt in ??? does anyone have vy dash diagram showing where the mounting locations are ??? or where can i get the diaram from ???

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the serial data carries most of the info the dash uses , unless you convert the ENTIRE car to VY electrical system it wont work

Cheers Rob

V

VX_STATIO

thanx Rob, in that case i will just get the interior without the dash, a mate has a writen off vy in adelaide, might consider getting it towed here and experenting with the dash and electricals from that, i will keep you all posted

Trewman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV
Was possible to put a vzss dash in my car thanks to CHEETR

1.jpg

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
But isn't the VT or VX gauges still used in that build?