Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

150,000 km Service

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
There is another thread on this but didn't have everything I was looking for plus I didn't want to hijack, if mods want to move this into that thread thats ok :D

I am going to do the 150,000 km service myself seeing as it isn't a major service.

In the owners manual all it says is:

Labour: 0.7 hours
Parts: Engine Oil Filter
Lubricants: Engine Oil

Now, that doesnt really seem like much to me...

I need to replace one of my break lights which is out and check my breaks and my auto trans... What else should I do for a service?

I don't want to take it to Holden because my last service at Holden didn't really do much, made it seem a little worse even, and cost me a whole lot.

now... My handbreak is rubbing causing a Che-che-che-che-che sound when driving at low speeds, how is that adjusted?

I have quite a loud clicking sound coming from the front right wheel are when wheels are turned to the right, only if wheels are turned quite a bit though. What could that be?

Also, a squeekeing sound ONLY SOMETIMES when driving along, it gets a little louder the faster I'm going and seems to disappear and come back randomly. What could be causing that?

Any help on things I've mentioned and anything else that I should do for the service, much appreciated, thanks guys :thumbsup:

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Not sure if I made it clear, :p, just looking for a list of things to do basically, I'm gonna get some help from my uncle.

We're doing it ourselves so I'd rather do EVERYTHING that needs to be done to get the car running nice and smoothly, rather spend that extra $500 on parts and not on "labour" (HA!!!)

So basically just a list of things to do and for the more complicated stuff just a little how-to.

My uncle's good with this kind of thing, all I'm good for basically is changing the oil lol disgarceful :p

Lloyd1986

Reaction score
Website
www.lcimagery.com
Members Ride
VX II Supercharged S pack
Good idea to do it yourself, if your going to do a major service though, I would also flush the radiator, replace the spark plugs and leads, replace the air filter, replace the fuel filter, bleed the breaks and replace the break fluid. Ummm, if its an auto trans, maybe even flush the gearbox and replace the filter there too. I have that same hand break problem, don't know how to adjust it yet.

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Its good to do your own service, you will use quality parts and will take care when changing parts. Trans service can be done easily, not a big job. Handbrake I would get it done by a professional.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
To adjust the handbrake you need to take the rear wheel off, take the brake caliper off and remove the disc. On the brake shoes there is a threaded rod, you turn the star looking nut to adjust the shoes in or out. But I would clean all the dust out of them before adjusting because they can't adjust themselves. If it has just started to make a noise then it is probably dust or dirt in there.

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
I adjusted my own hand-brake, not as easy as I thought it was. Get a mechanic to do it

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
Mike, have you got yourself a "Gregorys" or "Haynes" manual ?

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
^ No I dont Wagon Man. Are they the ones they have at places like autobarn, those service manual things? I haven't seen them for VT's. I know theyre out there, but only ever seen a vr/vs and vn/vp one

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
Yes, Mike at any good auto shop.

Plenty of good info for the DYI person.

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
"I have quite a loud clicking sound coming from the front right wheel are when wheels are turned to the right, only if wheels are turned quite a bit though. What could that be?"

Must be the front CV's on their way out(!)