Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Questions...

Timzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Anyone know how much it cost to get a wheel alignment? if i let go of my steering wheel for more than a few seconds ill go into the kerb, is that bad :p and anyone know any good cheap places around perth, preferably in the cannington area.

Also, my left rear tyre scrubs on the arch when i have people in the back, but not on the right! i checked it and the right side will just clear it but the left touches, is this normal? i will get my gaurds rolled but just wanted to know anyways :/

help asap plz guys :D

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Wheel alignment around $40. The problem with your tyre touching is due to wider rims being fitted. As the suspension drops on the rear, the panhard rod pulls the body of the car to one side. This is exaggerated when you have lowered the car as well. You can roll your guards or fit an adjustable panhard rod and adjust it over to the other side so the tyre just clears.

Just re read the fact that you have a VT....no panhard rod. But the wider tyres and rims still contribute.

Last edited:

ciaranvt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore Exec.
irs doesnt have an adjustable panhard rod. you'll find rolling your guards and fitting a camber kit will solve the problem. "standing" your tyres up and getting the camber adjusted will help it to clear the guards. But definitely have the guards rolled, as sometimes a camber adjustmet can be so "effective that they begin to scrub again (i learnt this the hard way.)

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah, get the guard rolled...
Thats what i did caus i had a real issue with the left rear rubbing on the guard with the 19's and the suspension i got...

In my case i had to get the guard rolled and cut abit of the inner plastic guard for it all to work! lol

Its abit annoying that holden didn't manage to make the rear suspension work so it was centered even when lowered and under heavy load...

Timzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
I do have a camber kit installed, but i dont think that helps the problem, oh noes its chopping up my new tyres lol, who can roll my gaurds? i went to 10 diff places today and they all sent me to each other and they all said 'no we dont do that, try....'

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Let your fingers do the walking. Start ringing tyre shops.
As I said, I re read the post and added the bit about the VT having no panhard rod. With a camber kit the problem would be worse because normally the tyres lean in at the top when the suspension drops. Adjusting the camber would push it out at the top, hence the reason the tyre is touching the guard. Rolling the guards is the only option.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
yeah, pain in the arse finding someone who rolls guard...
Its caus its a fiddley little job than isn't very profitable for them..
Also, its a job that doesn't require a respray so long as they do it the long, painstaking way of heating the paint and then rolling...

Best bet is to go to a tyre and suspension place and see where they send their customers.

I did mine myself with a mallet (not advised). The result was good but i'd rather pay the 60 or so bux for a pro to do it...

Anyways, good luck with it