Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

V6 Ecotec Extractors

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Ford_destroya

Just wondering if anyone knows which brand of extractors are best for the 3.8L V6?
I'm looking for a few more kilowatts and a betta sound...
whats the diff between Pacemakers and HM headers?
Cheer for any help.
Bozz

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
I have pacemaker extractors which are great. Nice sound especially when the exhaust system has been removed

As for the difference it's hard to say without seeing both brands, I would generally stick with pacemaker personally as I haven't had any troubles with them thus far.

Locksmiff

Reaction score
QUOTE (Darren @ Dec 18 2003, 05:07 PM) I have pacemaker extractors which are great. Nice sound especially when the exhaust system has been removed

****, doesnt it what . I had to drive mine, to the exhaust joint like that, through a tunnel. I had another nice commy next to me, and at this time, I was idling, so hmmmm, its something you wouldnt have got overly excited for.......that was until I opened it up to about 4500 rpm . It was the insanest sound I had heard, besides the time at the drags.

I had it on a hoist before taking it there, I couldnt stand in the workshop with it as the pressure waves were freaking me out as they hit me in the chest.

B

BagEmUp

yeh good question everybody says go for pacemakers i want to know the difference also......

O

onezero

They flow better (if you see a cross-section of the joins you'll understand), bigger, factory items may come with suprises (read: dents).

monarogirl

Reaction score
Members Ride
supercharged VT
ive got a set of v6 pacemakers from a VS, want to put them in my VT, super 6.. i know the standard exhaust manifolds are the same, but is there any issues with this? and what else do i need to change? sorry if its a dumb Q, but im a paint/panel/trimmer. my father used to do all the high performance work, and he was killed in an accident 8 months ago, so im a lil lost. appreciate all the help i can get. cheers

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
ive got a set of v6 pacemakers from a VS, want to put them in my VT, super 6.. i know the standard exhaust manifolds are the same, but is there any issues with this? and what else do i need to change? sorry if its a dumb Q, but im a paint/panel/trimmer. my father used to do all the high performance work, and he was killed in an accident 8 months ago, so im a lil lost. appreciate all the help i can get. cheers

was a 7 year old thread dig neccessary?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Wow, epic dig.....

To answer your question, VS extractors will not fit the VT.

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
I would not think they would give much of a performance increase on a standard motor.
Unless there were other mods done like cams.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
I would not think they would give much of a performance increase on a standard motor.
Unless there were other mods done like cams.

What about NOS?
Cams? can you tell me how to fit another cam to my motor surely 2 has to be better than 1

You did notice he said a super 6 which suggest its supercharged.....

What id like to know is how you find a thread this old there must be 1000 other ones like this in 8 years

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.