Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

YT or FIT ?!?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Hey people whats goin on?

I got a basic question...

Should i get YT 1.95:1 roller rockers for approx 680 with pushrods

OR

FIT 1.97:1 roller rockers for approx 1010 with pushrods??

So far i got

CAI, HM Headers, 2.5 Zorst..

I want something to give the car abit more kick...

I plan on putting an LSD with 3.7 gears in it...

Cheers

aokman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Super6
Well lets weigh it up :)

FIT rockers are rewelded rockers from an engine that have done unknown km's and do not have a roller tip.

Yella Terra rockers are made from aluminium, they are 30% lighter and have a roller tip, not to mention they are cheaper and brand new.

If your worried about valve float then it shouldn't be an issue, many people have the high ratio rockers in their engines from YT including me with 128,000k on the clock and i have no valve float revving the motor right out. New springs aren't really required unless your increasing the RPM limit.

Theres more to the gains then outright power aswell, when i put mine in the roller tips made the engine much smoother and quieter aswell.

Your crazy to pay $1010 for rockers and you also have to hand your old ones in, you can keep your old ones with YT rockers when you want to take them out.

Get the 1.95 YT ultralites :)

Last edited:

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
i thought the FIT rockers were now cast or somethng, not rewelded stockos?

anyway, the fact that YT have roller tips and are 300 odd cheaper would sell me!!

make up for that 0.02 lift with a decent cam and enjoy the added advantage of roller tips at higher revs.

aokman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Super6
I dont see why they would be, why would he still want people to hand their old rockers in if that was the case?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
true, for that price, id be expecting NEW

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Hmmm, good point...
And in guessing the extra .02 lift in the FIT ones wouldn't give much power difference...

aokman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Super6
We are talking a few kw at the most mate if there is even a gain (there are no direct comparison results) its not worth hassling over, for the smoothness and other gains the proper roller tips give they are an excellent buy.

Remember roller tips also cause less resistance on the valve train and they are lighter so you will pickup a bit of power there as they are more efficient.

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Cool, well... my minds made up...
YT it is, i just sent them an email asking bout prices and what not...
Thanks guys

aokman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Super6
Good luck mate, let us know if you run into any problems installing them (they are really easy to install...)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
good choice mate, the FIT rockers are just remanufactured holden rockers, there are so many more benefits to the YT roller rockers it ain't funny and cheaper to boot. i'll be getting a set for mine as soon as finances allow. the YT rockers should increase your valve train live considerably as it doesn't put a sideways load on your valve like a standard rocker and also the spring is doing less work to control the mass in the valve train cause there is less of it(mass that is)

edit:eek:ne thing to watch out for is that holden got a little lax with there later head castings for the ecotec. you gotta make sure there is clearance for the new pushrods. you may need to clean of some off the casting flashes around the pushrod holes etc. there is more info about this in the raptor section from memory, there VS-VY thread

Last edited: