Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

would a vx ss exhaust fit onto a vt v6

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
hi guys im new here but i was wondering cos i have a mate who has a vx ss and was wanting to know if the exhaust fits on a vt v6 exec?.thanks

badaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VX S
Well I'm not that good with cars but correct me if I'm wrong but I think seeing that a ss is a v8 it would have 2 more cylinders than a vt v6 but I have been wrong in the past

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
it is possible both can have twin exhaust might have to mod the exhaust slightly if the pipes are a little wider apart

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
would it even be worth it ive heard that the stock catback exhaust system on a ss wouldnt sound as good as a aftermarket v6 one.btw i was only getting the exhaust i was gonna put pacemaker extractors with a 2.25 or 2.5 end or whatever the ss fits onto. just wondering which would be better in getting that growl

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
No, won't fit straight up without modifying the front unless you have twin cats. I modified a VX SS system to fit a VS, very quiet, no improvement for the 2 hours it took me.

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
yeah i was thinking it woildnt make a huge improvement and another thing could you modify a vx or vy ss cold air intake to fit a vt v6?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Yep, that would be easier to do.

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
If the SS exhaust is just the standard exhaust, be wasting your time. Only thing you will gain is the twin from the cats to the rear resonator, but the thing is, they used a V6 resonator in the VT/VX V8s anyway.
Go for a proper sports system for your V6 if you want some decent flow and a nice note.

AdamAnt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Acclaim
are the s/c v6s different exhaust layout completely because I got a HSV VT Senator V8 exhaust and it bolted straight on (same mounts pipes etc) to my VT2 S/C V6 Calais.
Just got the Rear Muffler removed and it sounds alot better.

Gothevu

Off the chain
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S2 Ute - 5 sp manual
the s/c v6 have the twin cat setup and exhaust same as v8and n/a v6 have one cat single system