Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS exhaust in VT

VSteve

Reaction score
Just wondering if its possible and worth fitting a VS exhaust to a VT? Would much modification be needed?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
the only thing i found out which is the difference between VS's and VT's exahaust the other day wen i went 2 get a quote 2 get an exhaust n extractors fitted the bloke said the VS's have the cat converter mounted on 1 side of the car as the VT-VY r in the middle if theres nething else thats different im not 2 sure

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
My cat on my vs sits in the middle like the vt's so it should able to fit. Just check though.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Won't fit. The VT is IRS and even if the VS is IRS the rear end is different and it it different where it goes under the axle. VS V6 has the cat in the centre like a VT, the V8 has it to the side like the earlier Commodores.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
if thats the case y do the VS's need a Y pipe 2 join headers onto the cat and the VTs dont? i dunno much bout exhaust systems but the exhaust bloke was talkin bout 2 pipes coming off the cat on VT 2 join 2 the headers and the VS have 1 coz it was mounter 2 the side? is he talkin bout a V8 mayb? ahh this ****s confusing lol

blakeb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim S2
For the 6 it doesn't work, i found out the hard way. Our local exhaust bloke ordered me up a VS exhaust instead of a VT. Muffler hits up against the floor pan and as someone else mentioned it doesn't sit right.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
if thats the case y do the VS's need a Y pipe 2 join headers onto the cat and the VTs dont? i dunno much bout exhaust systems but the exhaust bloke was talkin bout 2 pipes coming off the cat on VT 2 join 2 the headers and the VS have 1 coz it was mounter 2 the side? is he talkin bout a V8 mayb? ahh this ****s confusing lol

The VS doesn't need a Y pipe, the headers have flanges to weld to the existing Y pipe as it is all one piece like the VT. Perhaps he was thinking of the VR? The VN-VS V8's are all the same, they have a separate cat, but the VS V6 the engine pipes and cat are one piece.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
2 easy well ive got that all sorted from talkin 2 ya in recent pms my headers arrived 2day so now waitin on the dude doin my kit might just get him 2 do the rear skirt 1st and while hes doin the others get the exhaust and extractors all fitted. i found out y the twin tips r as expensive he gets 2 single tips and then makes a y pipe 2 join them then welds it onto the exhaust so its prolly more the labour costs makin it sound kinda expensive