Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx boot garnish and monaro tail lights on vt

jarrod587

Reaction score
i have a s1 vt spack and i want to take the spoiler off cause it looks so much better but i also want to put monaro tail lights on it. i was wondering if its better to just take the spoiler off the vt boot and putty the holes and buy a vx garnish and monaro taillights or weather its better to jus buy a vx boot and then monaro tailights. which one will be cheaper and which one will be easier to do.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
buyin a VX boot with the VX garnish (same colour) would b cheaper coz u will have 2 paint ur boot if u weld or bog it but u can buy lil rubber gromets from bunnings that go into the holes 4 now till u decide wat u wanna do

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
depends on wether you can find a vx boot with the garnish still attached and wether its the same colour or not

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
spray your VT garnish and remove the key hole and in my opinion it looks better than the vx garnish(when sprayd)

you will also save money

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
or mask off the key hole? im gonnna do that wen i spray mine so it looks like its meant 2 b there id rather have the key hole there incase the boot release fails somhow and u cant get into the boot coz of subs lol

jarrod587

Reaction score
i decided for now i will just bog it so i went and bought some body filler. i took one side of the spoiler off and there are 3 holes you have to fill and they are big i thought theyd be small also i have to get the wiring harness for the light on the spoiler out and idea wheather thats easy to do or not.

anyone that has bogged and touch up painted there boot please post a pic i want to see what it looks like before i do it.

wheels85

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT SS Commodore
vx garnish on vt boot?

has anyone tried putting a vx garnish on a vt boot? does it work?

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
has anyone tried putting a vx garnish on a vt boot? does it work?

yes, works a treat.

04122008411.jpg

P.S look at the date on this thread

beng

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pac
i just replaced the whole boot with that of a vx executive from the wreckers.
badged it to fit in with rest of my car and looks perfect! seems like a big task but is easy as.