Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cheap 20inch Rims

theused084

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1
Hi,

I have a chance to get 20" Speedy Envy MKII wheels with tyres for really cheap, about 1100.

I just want to know, is it worth it in the long run if I do buy them, like will I have to get my guards rolled, the cost of tyres and any other problems I might get.

Also my car is a 1998 VT Commodore on King Spring Superlows.

What do you think?

Cheers

envy-mk2-gunmetal.jpg

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah, good buy...

Problems:

Tyres expensive.... i got 19's and the cheapest tyre i would trust my life to is 200 bux

Coppers r gonna love u

Caus the tyre will be such a low profile it will wear more due to camber... GET A CAMBER KIT

Probably have to get the guards rolled, LHS rear in particular caus the overall wheel n tyre are alot bigger than stock... ALso this is dependant on the offset of the rim...

Offsets where covering in the VR/VS thread i think...

They will also raise your car... by alot... my 19's lifted my car heaps...

So to avoid looking like a tonka truck ur gonna wanna probably lower it abit more... THough ur ride quality is gonna go from bad to worse the loer u go due to the low profile...

NEWAYS, good luck with it...

theused084

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1
I have no idea on offsets or what they mean but if the offset of the rims is 45 and a VT is 43. Are they going to fit without any major problems? How much is guard rolling?

Thanks

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
IMO they look great but for the money and effort to have them on a daily driver its not worth it. My mate has a patrol on 22" and its not comphy to drive in. You feel everything. On a weekend car for sure cause tyre wear will be massive. Maybe buy them and re sell them and get a good set of 18 / 19. Good luck

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
good buy for 1100! nice lookin rims too...
i pay 250 each for my 20" tyres, nankangs.. u might or might not need ur gaurds rolled, youll find out once there on... rolling them will be bout 50 - 70 per gaurd probably... might only need the rears done...
do u already get bad tyre wear as it is? if so you'll wana get a camber kit for sure... even if not youll probly want to get one anyways coz you'll wana keep the tyre purchasing to a minimum at 250 a pop! lol

goodluck with it mate...

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
BUY THEM, thats cheap as for a set, even if you dont put them on you could get way more than that for them if they are in good nick, and as fabs said you could get urself a nice set of 18s or somthin and have no worrys with em. But 20s are MASSIVE and will impress

kalais6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais Turbo
Man for $1100 who cars, thats cheap as chips.
Roll the rear guards, get a camber kit and you'll be laughing. They will still be a 35 profile so the ride wont be that bad.

theused084

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1
Just another question I've heard that I will have to change my front struts to coilovers is this true? Thanks

VL-187

ZZZZZZZZTUUUTUUUTUUU
Reaction score
Members Ride
Bagged VS calais II
u wont need to change to coilovers, i got 20s on and ive got my stock struts in, no dramas....

theused084

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1
Sweet, I'm going to get them in the next few weeks. I'll post up some pics. Thanks