Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Clutch Price

daffyy30

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive Sedan S1 Manual
G'Day all..

Have a guy, getting me a price for a clutch kit on JC.
Mutchley appreciated.

However was wondering ,what is recommended to fit to the V6 to prevent slipping.

The flyheel looks fine, some slight rub marks very very fine.

I have heard PBR do a V8 pressure plate "YELLOW" kit

Was wondering in Melbourne, recommended clutches and where to buy and cost if possible.
Asking alot, if part number if available to ensure correct purchase.

Don,t feel like doing this job again for awhile.

Cheers folks.

P.s. Is the tool for compressing the pressure plate needed or just taking it easy and X pattern when doing up Pressure plate and check by sight it is sitting true.

knowledge_is_power

Quest for Cognition
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SII V6 A4
The VT V6 has a Getrag M35 box and uses a dual mass flywheel. If the dual mass flywheel internals are worn then a slipping sensation and/or rattle may indicate that the flywheel needs to be replaced. So there are a couple of options.

I personally like the Exedy (previously known as Dakin) Clutches and I know there part numbers so that’s what I’ll list. The prices I’ve listed are RRP and you can get them cheaper if you shop around. I have only listed them so you can gauge the difference between options.

If you are not going to replace the flywheel you can use:

GMK-6994 - this is a replacement clutch and pressure plate that either meets or exceeds OEM standards. Price is around $740

GMK-6994HD - this is Exedy's heavy duty kit that uses the same friction plate as the standard and a Heavy Duty pressure plate with 30% more clamping force. Around $810

Then there is the option to replace the flywheel, which you can replace with either another Dual mass flywheel or convert to a rigid flywheel.

GMK-6994FW – is a standard replacement kit, and also includes a replacement dual mass flywheel. You can also purchase this kit in Heavy Duty with the HD pressure plate. The price for the standard kit with the flywheel is around $2200 and the HD option will be more.

GMK-7353 – this is the kit that contains a standard replacement kit and everything needed to convert to a rigid flywheel, including flywheel and crank bolts etc. The standard kit including flywheel is around $1800 and HD options costing more.

GMK-7353HDCB - this kit is for use with the rigid flywheel and uses a HD pressure plate and a Cushioned Button clutch plate. This is the kit to use if you want minimal slip, but you should understand how a button clutch works and its characteristics before going with this option. This kits pricing is listed a POA (price on application)

Remember that the pricing is a guide to gauge the difference in the options and you should be able to get them cheaper.

Hope that helps.

Jezz

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah, im saving for the GMK - 6994HD kit with the Rigid Flywheel.

RRP for the WHOLE kit with the flywheel is 1700.
Im gettin it through a guy who works @ Autobarn for 1300.

I have a rattle when im taking of up hill so the fly is r**ted!

Good luck with it

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
Ok, just to give you a rough guide to go by, my prices on these clutches are:

GMK-6994 $486
GMK-6994HD $558
GMK-6994FW $1517
GMK-7353 $1203
GMK-7353HD $1367
GMK-7353HDCB $1656

I haven't got any of these listed on the shop yet, cause i'm flat out doing other stuff, if you're interested just PM me...

Also, Exedy are currently out of stock of the flywheel bolts for the moment, and they can't tell me when they'll be available again...

Greg

Gothevu

Off the chain
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S2 Ute - 5 sp manual
Go to extreme clutch, www.xclutch.com.au. .
For vt &vx v6 KGM24020DSBHDCF for $1300. It comes with a heavy duty pressure plate,billet light weightc/plate,heavy duty sprung button clutch plate thutst bearing, pressure plate bolts,flywheels bolts and is blanced.
It will increase gearbox noise coz of the solid flywheel. I have one on my ute
heaps better got it for racing and drifting so it will take a hiding

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Thanks for the info!
Im gonna have to look into that...!

Just a question, i was reading through whats included in the clutch kit n the flywheel is not mentioned...

Did you get the clutch plate, flywheel, pressureplate n all that for 1300?

y-b-jls-4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S
I've got a harsh sound thats coming from my car when I start it (vx 5 speed) and I was told by a mechanic that the flywheel needs to be replaced and I think its true because it doesn't do it when I turn the car on for the first time in the morning but after driving around there by using the "flywheel" and turning it of and on again its a little harder, takes abit longer to get started and makes a harsh sound. I took it to Holden and they said it was from the alternator pulley so they put a new one in and it seemed to be fine for a while but then the noise came back.

Anyone else come accross this problem from their manual ecotecs if so did you have to change the flywheel or any other part of the gearbox.

Gothevu

Off the chain
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S2 Ute - 5 sp manual
jesterarts its got everything you need for 1300 bucks.

Gothevu

Off the chain
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S2 Ute - 5 sp manual
y-b-jls-4 it could just be one of your idol pullys, mine makes a more nosie start than an auto does

y-b-jls-4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S
y-b-jls-4 it could just be one of your idol pullys, mine makes a more nosie start than an auto does

Ye your right mate I have never heard a harsh sound like that from an auto vt-vx. I hope its not the flywheel as I got a quote from holden for $900+.

Is an idol pully expensive and can it be changed by anyone or can it only be done by a mechanic ?