Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quiery for VX manual owners

CMA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Just got a quiery... My engine or trans (manual) makes a bit of a whine when accelerating, more noticeable in 1st and 2nd gears and even more at higher revs. Just wondering if every1 else with manual VX's have the same whine. Sounds normal to me but just want to be sure

Thanks guys

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah i got it too...
DO you get it when your say in 1st and just coasting at like 2000rpm?
Just a very subtle whine

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
yeh i got that....lol one of the guys at work thought my car was supercharged...lol

WinterVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
I get it aswel when changing gears the engine holds the revs for a few seconds while gear shifting, i have no idea why Holden made it this way.

vuv6 said:
yeh i got that....lol one of the guys at work thought my car was supercharged...lol

Funny actually you should say that Ryan, I think at times it almost sounds like its supercharged, it has that noise about it :p haha

y-b-jls-4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S
Ye I love that sound. But you get over it soon or later. hehe

CMA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Will getting headers &/or an exhaust cover up that sound or will you still be able to hear it clearly over headers or exhaust noise?

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
haha
i had a kid ask if my car was turbo...i was told that my gearbox had a whine to it, but the dude that i bought it off said he got it checked when he bought it cos he was concerned that it was buggered but apparently it's the way they are...

hey Winter my car, when i shift quickly, seems to hold revs or even rev up a bit through the shift...i've that shifting more carefully and slowly stops it a bit...anyone notice this characteristic aswell...doesn;t bother me, i think it's fun.

CMA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Mine doesn't rev up mine just holds the revs

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
yeh mine does rev up too hey....apparently its to do wid the fly wheel that holden used think its dual mass designed to make the gear changes smoother....all i rekon it does but is make you sound like a **** driver...lol :thumbsup: