Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

D.I.Y CAI 90mm or 75mm

kaishiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac Manual.
just a question on all of you out there that has a D.I.Y CAI.
What MM pipping did you use? there is like 70mm, 75mm, 80mm and 90mm pipping.
What type of pipping is it? PVC or alternatively something else.

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
Mine is 90mm pvc (stormwater grade from memory) coated in dulux pot-belly black heatproof paint to help stop warping. One helluva squeeze hole wise!

kaishiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac Manual.
Mine is 90mm pvc (stormwater grade from memory) coated in dulux pot-belly black heatproof paint to help stop warping. One helluva squeeze hole wise!

90mm. i went to bunnings today and had a look at the 90mm and it looked abit too extream. do you think it would be that much of a difference between a 90mm to a 70mm??

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
No idea, but for me, I wanted as much air intake as possible there, being that mine is a super6. Before you buy, check places like ebay, or a industrial recyclers for the pipe, often a lot cheaper than bummings ;)

bradvt98

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt executive
i can't remember for sure but i think mine is 75mm ?? i think it just depends on what you want in my opinion a big fat 90mm pipe might look a little out of place but i could be wrong and i would doubt the difference between them would be much either

kaishiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac Manual.
i can't remember for sure but i think mine is 75mm ?? i think it just depends on what you want in my opinion a big fat 90mm pipe might look a little out of place but i could be wrong and i would doubt the difference between them would be much either

i saw your one done on the other thread and it looks elite. just wondering what angles where all the other parts from the air box... cheers..:thumbsup:

bradvt98

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt executive
can't remember off the top of my head but if i get time i'll check

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
I had a 70mm pipe setup on my VR (little bit difficult to setup but managed), the only problem was that the air filter (K&N) got dirty real quick, so I got the VS S/C CAI, haven't noticed the difference and my filter doesn't get dirty quick, plus looks better. I reckon the stock CAI on the VT/VX will be more then enough for n/a V6's.

krazyboris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII Spac S/C
Hmmmm, thats interesting that you say your air filter got dirty real quick, do you drive on dirt/gravel roads often? I only ask because I have'nt had any issues myself yet, and mines been running for around 3 months.

kaishiz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac Manual.
Hmmmm, thats interesting that you say your air filter got dirty real quick, do you drive on dirt/gravel roads often? I only ask because I have'nt had any issues myself yet, and mines been running for around 3 months.
heya three months hay. do you by any chance have pics of it?