Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Red Back Exhaust Owners

Fletchvt

Fletch
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
2000 Series 2 VT Executive
Hey im pretty new to this but i went down today to price some exhausts but due to money headers will have to wait after reading some of the posts it seems red back is the way to go however the first place i got to said manta exhuast are exaclty the same straight through pipes and got qouted 340 with tip does anyone no anythin bout this brand? the second place i went to the man said the redback are shocking and they crackle when u give it to it and they crackle when ur breaking is this goood or bad? and so he said he makes his own and puts it on the car i just dont get it and got quoated 360 with tiip from him any suggestions i would appreciate it heaps hope to get it done this friday thanks again

commyvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 V6
i like the crackle sound it breaks it up a bit and stops it from droning so much also sounds closer to a v8 to me

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If you were quoted Manta you must be in WA somewhere correct? Redback isn't a popular system over here, most of the people that have them are east. Lukey or Manta is the way to go, all systems with the same type of muffler sound pretty much the same. For that price it must be 2 mufflers you are getting too. A bit more info on the car and I'm sure I could help you out.

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
I got mine all made up, I just got the straight pipe muffler and tip.. the exhaust dude bent the pipe and straight up.

sounds good and pritty loud, but I have paceys now to

Fletchvt

Fletch
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Hey well its a commdore vt 2000 executive automatic v6 ecotec haha dont laugh at the 6 everythign is stock atm expect for the sound system and ur correct i live in mandurah near perth, i also read people opinion on lukey they sed it sounded "tinny" just crap haha but there was a place i went to were he could get redback exhuast but was 350 installed with no tip does that sound right??? should I go that or was the person who sed manta is the same as redback cheers for the quick response guys Huge help

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
i think he means duals as in having the middle muffler and the rear muffler/resi together, i just got my exhaust + extractors dun tho but 4 just the exhaust i got quoted $320 4 a 2.5 mild steal exhaust with stainless middle muffler only i must say it sounds great not over the top and doesnt have that drone really at all and wen u go over 2500rmp she really kicks back starts 2 roar its a no name exhaust tho just a custom setup they make themselves i got it dun from Exhaust Torque in bibra lake might b worth shoppin local tho 2 save on fuel costs?

Jon Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series 2
Hey well its a commdore vt 2000 executive automatic v6 ecotec haha dont laugh at the 6 everythign is stock atm expect for the sound system and ur correct i live in mandurah near perth, i also read people opinion on lukey they sed it sounded "tinny" just crap haha but there was a place i went to were he could get redback exhuast but was 350 installed with no tip does that sound right??? should I go that or was the person who sed manta is the same as redback cheers for the quick response guys Huge help

lol why would we laugh at the 6 most of us on here own one!. I have a redback system on my VS ecotec and have never heard a crackle to date. I personally like the sound better than the lukey system which seem to be more high pitched and tinny sound whereas mine sounds lumpy at idle and low revs and has a nice growl higher up. I got mine for $350 w/ tip (installed).

Fletchvt

Fletch
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Well im think im goin to go with the manta exhaust and hope it goes well i will post a recording of it on friday hope everthing gos well thanks again guys

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If you want to come for a drive to Bunbury I could do a Manta cheaper than that. If you are handy and want to fit it yourself I could arrange to get one sent to you. Only 2 bolts and about 6 hangers hold it all up.