Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Cambering? 4 point and 2 point

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
Just gotta quick question,
can someone explain to me the difference between a 4 point camber kit and a 2 point camber kit?
I am about to put my car onto SSL in the front and SSSL in the rear, and im just trying to figure out wat type of camber kit i should be buying! I was told that a good brand would be Nolathane ! does this sound accurate?

Thanks!
raZel
:thumbsup:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Two point camber kit is replacing one bush each side, four point is replacing two bushes each side. Four point would be more expensive but also offers more adjustment.

raZel

The ride for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V - V8
Sweet as, thanks alot mate..
Just another quick thing, what are these like to install yourself? Is it difficult to do? Also, is there a write up on how to do it on here somewhere?
Cheers
raZel
:thumbsup:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Changing them isn't that hard. But the whole control arm has to come out. You will need to get the car to a wheel aligner to get it set up before you drive too far or it could be worse than without kits. Access to a vice will make it a lot easier.

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Go the 4 point mate, 2 point is ok for anything under a 50mm drop. Talking about this, I only have the 2 point kit installed at the moment and I still have very bad tyre wear.. so this weekend I am getting another 2 point installed and another wheel alignment before it gets any worse.

Dont forget the camber kit will not get rid of the tyre wear problems it will only reduce it.

VIPVT

Reaction score
4 point is for track use only, 2 point is all you need.

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
4 point is for track use only, 2 point is all you need.

Dont think so mate. With sssl's you need a 4 point, 2 point just wont cut it.

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
The point of getting a 4 point camber point is to reduced the camber and increase the toe. With the 2 point camber kit you can only change the toe, remember the adjustment is only so limited.

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Dont think so mate. With sssl's you need a 4 point, 2 point just wont cut it.

Dont know were you heard this from, 4 point does put more stress on your diff. But 2 point will only adjust toe which will reduce your tyre wear but not as much as it could with a 4 point.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The position of the bushes that you replace affect toe and camber as the bush is below the centre line of the wheel. So regardless of the kit you fit you will have toe and camber adjustment.