Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

memcal question...anyone.

Youngblood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
I have a vt ss v8, my question is if i change the memcal for one from a 195kw v8, will mine then be a 195kw engine? or is there more to it than just changin the memcal.

thanks

pumba

OMR346
Reaction score
Website
www.mh-performance.com
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
i asume your talkin about the HSV 195i memcal? if so, then the answer is no. its a combination of memcal, knock sensor, exhaust, headers, and CAI that make it have the extra power.

Youngblood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
mine has a knock sensor, doesnt it? so just extractors, exhaust and cia plus memcal = 195kw

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
the 195 engine also has a different cam, even Powerchip dont claim to get 195 out of a std engine.
the guy on ebay that sells them claiming it will make 195 is full of it.

Rob

Youngblood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
thanks for clearing that up for me guys, doctor bob, your good, thats exactly the reason i was asking, cause i seen it on ebay. thanks again :)

glowworm

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exective
Doctor bob

So why cant we get onto ebay and get him for deception or something iwould say there are a lot of people falling for this..,

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
So why cant we get onto ebay and get him for deception or something iwould say there are a lot of people falling for this..,

Ebay responsible for something... not likely.lol

Rob

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
not only that but he would probably just re-register and sell the same crap again if he got his username banned

DoctorWHO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive V8 5.0
I upgrade and repair computers and deal with bottlenecks and how to speed up computers on a daily basis.
On that note I eliminated all bottlenecks I could think of on my 1999 VT Exec V8.
Custom Dual pipe exhaust.....
Extractors....
Air Intake pipe and pollution cartridge replaced by something that pretty much looks like a pool filter cartridge and heat guard.
Even replaced exhaust sensors. (do not have the cash to replace catalytic converters for hi=flo ones yet).
With all this in mind....Is there something particular I can do to the Chip to factor in all the above mentioned improvements ?
Can the original chip be reprogrammed accordingly or do I have to trust a non holden replacement chip ?
Regards
Doc