Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mercury Exhaust... any good?

Peasant

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S Manual Black
I want an exhaust... a loud exhaust and I was going to just get a redback with no rear resi because i heard they are quite nice and loud. Anyways I rang up Ashmore Exhaust and they do a custom setup with no middle muffler and a really small rear muffler which he reckons is louder than the redback with no resi. The brand of this exhaust is a Mercury. I already have a nice tip so im keeping that and the setup he will install it for $250. Is this a good deal? Anyone know much about the brand?

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
never herd of mercury....ive got a lukey mate and id recomend that...its got a nice bark to it and for a 2 1/2" catback lukey it was only $220 from carline mufflers

cheers
ryan

VSteve

Reaction score
I just got my exhaust yesterday. I was told to be careful as if they only use one muffler they put a more restrictive one on. I got a straight through middle muffler and a hotdog at the back for $280. I was told that redback systems hang too low.

Macca177

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman V8
Mercury mufflers is a company that do alot of stock replacment exhuast, i know them personally out at botany bay sydney, didnt think they did anythin out of the factory specs. They do towbars and a few other bits n pieces as well!

Heffer_Slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Hang on a sec, do redback/lukey 2.5 straight through systems have the middle muffler? Im confused...

Or are they literally a straight pipe from the cat out?

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
mate mine has a straight through lukey muffler and custom bent piping...so yeh there is a middle muffler and no muffler at the tip.

cheers
ryan

Peasant

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S Manual Black
I just googled it, they have a website www.mercurymufflers.com.au i think. I live on the Gold Coast and Ashmore Exhaust is by far the best and most known exhaust place so I guess ill take his word. He said it will b nice and loud.

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
stick with reback or a reputable brand - dont just take guy's word from ashmore exhaust- he just wants your hard earned dosh - I have redback exhaust with no rear resonator pretty much the same setup as 'VUV6'- sounds mean and barks enough

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Mercury has a 2 year warranty like everything else. The have been doing sports systems longer than redback. The muffler design is the same as all the others however, they fully weld the seam where as others either spot weld it or fold it. All their piping is mandrel bent as well. They are comparable price wise so just because every one on here uses redback doesn't mean they are better than all the others, just the most popular with members because of the recommendations. Over here in WA, Manta is the most popular because they are reasonably priced and sound good. Personally, I have a Lukey centre muffler, custom pipework and a perf tube hotdog on the rear. Nice and deep, not too loud and no drone.

Peasant

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S Manual Black
Yeah Mercury have been around over 50 years. So Abba, do you thiink this setup will be OK?