Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

19'' cv8-r copies which one to buy ?

y-b-jls-4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S
Hey guys I'am looking at getting some 19inch cv8r copies for my s pack but I think there are two types can someone confirm this. On one of the wheels the surface seems to be flat while on the other it sort of bends inwards. They are both 19s but I believe that its done by two different companies.
You can see from the photos that the first one has a flat surface while the second bends inwards and the last one is the one I want to get which seems to have a flat surface. If any one can clarify this I'll very much appreciate it.

Attachments

• ssvx3.jpg
    ssvx3.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,087
  • cv8r.JPG
    cv8r.JPG
    10.5 KB · Views: 556
  • 19'' cv8r.JPG
    19'' cv8r.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 805

Peasant

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II S Manual Black
Hey that pic of the rim on the black car looks good. Kinda looks a bit like mine. But its only an 18.

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
I think the copies have the hub sit inset slightly. and the genuine ones have a flat spoke face.. thats from my perception

VU_SS_UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS Ute
I have wheels like those, mine are BSA AU-238's same as you've posted there (both pics are the same wheel)

There's another company that does them, however the outer "lip" is bigger the whole way round, like 10-15mm or so, and they dont look as good (like the ones actually on the car you posted)

y-b-jls-4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S
I think the copies have the hub sit inset slightly. and the genuine ones have a flat spoke face.. thats from my perception

Ye mate so true thats exactly what I was trying to say. Most the copies sit slightly inwards and dont look as good. But can I get 19inch copies with flat surface, the first pic of the wheel I posted is 19inch sold on ebay that looks like it has a flat surface which is what I want can anyone confirm this or give me the company that makes these wheels in 19'' with flat surface. thanks alot

y-b-jls-4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S
I have wheels like those, mine are BSA AU-238's same as you've posted there (both pics are the same wheel)

There's another company that does them, however the outer "lip" is bigger the whole way round, like 10-15mm or so, and they dont look as good (like the ones actually on the car you posted)

I just had a look at the BSA AU-238 http://www.bestwheel.com.au/user/index.aspx
they look good but not the one I want, I'am after 19" of the same kind where the hubs don't sit inwards sort of like the originals but in 19s.

VU_SS_UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS Ute
I just had a look at the BSA AU-238 http://www.bestwheel.com.au/user/index.aspx
they look good but not the one I want, I'am after 19" of the same kind where the hubs don't sit inwards sort of like the originals but in 19s.

Mine may look like that on the website, but on the car they look brilliant, and flat. They look heaps better than the other ones (like the ones on the VX you posted, they look crap with the big lip)

Those last two photos you've posted are the same wheel, just looks weird in the first pic. Unless you get the crap ones with the big lip, BSA are the only option.

Off the car:

pic%5C4272006111816AM.jpg

On my car:

dumped.jpg

SSA make them as well, but they just look like a crap version of the BSA ones, cause the outer bit is just a darker silver instead of black, which gives themn the mean look.

y-b-jls-4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S
Mate those wheels look fantastic on your ute. I think to get the best look

out of these wheels you really gota go for the 19s. Just two questions: did

you have to get a chamber kit and also these pics I got of ebay are 19inch

cv8r copies would you say they are bsa like yours ?

Attachments

• cv8r-19copies.JPG
    cv8r-19copies.JPG
    19.9 KB · Views: 519
  • cv8r-19inchcopy.JPG
    cv8r-19inchcopy.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 1,089

VU_SS_UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS Ute
Mate those wheels look fantastic on your ute. I think to get the best look

out of these wheels you really gota go for the 19s. Just two questions: did

you have to get a chamber kit and also these pics I got of ebay are 19inch

cv8r copies would you say they are bsa like yours ?

Yep they're the same as mine!

I had to get a camber kit, not cause of the wheels though just cause of how much its lowered.