Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

No Dish!!!

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
Hey everyone, i've been checking out rims on ebay and in mags and stuff...they are on my to do list after the detail and touch up and extractors and personalised plate...but...why arent there many commodore rims around with dish???

i want something to look fat without actually having to pay for fat rubber if u get my idea...i think its reasonable...

is there anything much out there, or is it all overpriced or frowned down upon by the commodore community...i just really wanna fill the fat thighs of my vx!

and yeah still loving the manual...cant beat it...woohoo...

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
Hey everyone, i've been checking out rims on ebay and in mags and stuff...they are on my to do list after the detail and touch up and extractors and personalised plate...but...why arent there many commodore rims around with dish???

i want something to look fat without actually having to pay for fat rubber if u get my idea...i think its reasonable...

is there anything much out there, or is it all overpriced or frowned down upon by the commodore community...i just really wanna fill the fat thighs of my vx!

and yeah still loving the manual...cant beat it...woohoo...

This is exactly my problem when it comes to upgrading my 15inch rims. :p

They have absolutely no dish! What happened to the old school type of rim that were so deeply dished, you could curl up inside them and have a snooze if you wanted???

But, I want a set of VT GTS rims for Ruby. The only wheels I can find that I really like, that have this new style minimal dish. :(

bradvt98

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt executive
are you after actual genuine wheels with dish ?
cause there are plenty of wheels with dish but if you mean holden ones yeah i see your point

Umai Naa!!

R.I.P APY-88V :(
Reaction score
Website
www.aus12.org
Members Ride
VR S1 Exec. A4 3.8L
My XHP Scorches have about 2in of it, but that's it :(

I'm really struggling to find any decent rims that come anywhere even close to the guards, let alone have any decent dish. So I've given up on the dish look, and am looking for something with a lower-than-normal offset.

However, with my next set of rims (genuine HSV), I'm going to run spacers and longer studs to try and achieve the look I'm after.

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
yeah exactly...they just dont reach the guards!!! it was worse in my VS.

i was hoping for genuine HSV's but i knew they dont have dish...and cost way to much...so i was after any other brand (i meant holden stud pattern)...its lame...meh i still think i want 19s or 20s either way...i'll just have to kee p my eye out then.

cheers dudes

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
My XHP Scorches have about 2in of it, but that's it :(

I'm really struggling to find any decent rims that come anywhere even close to the guards, let alone have any decent dish. So I've given up on the dish look, and am looking for something with a lower-than-normal offset.

However, with my next set of rims (genuine HSV), I'm going to run spacers and longer studs to try and achieve the look I'm after.

Juss so u know spacers are illegal in Aus unfortunaly...... not sure on longer studs tho

bradvt98

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt executive
i have a bit of dish see my avatar

oikurtman

Reaction score
track width

Generally nice-looking wheels with a big dish :thumbsup: are going to blow your track width way out of proportion which is not only illegal :whistling but can also be harmful to your wheel bearings, and you know what that can lead to! :rip:

and3rs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive V6
I've got a set of dish rims goin on my vt, ive got the fronts on I just need to tread the rear tyres and it'll be sweet. atm it looks like ive got burnout rims on lol.

heres a pic of my old car with them on...
VB Commodore.JPG
this thing was rediculous lol. The angle of the shot doesn't really do much justice for em but they acually look pretty nice and chuncky:thumbsup:

I agree though you just don't see them around these days. my rims were bought in 02' i think, from jax tyres. have a look in a few stores and see what they've got. ebay dont really have a big range, from what ive seen they stock what ever is going big in the US...

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
hmmmm, yeah i just thought that dish was something that commodore drivers didnt do...but it seems we want to...

what was that about wheel bearings?...they seriously get rooted if u throw out your track width???