Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

supercharger exhaust

blake0182

Blake
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive
i am getting a full exhaust system for my vt n/a v6 , in futire im thinking of supercharging it so should i conver it to twin cats and twin system now ? so i dont have to get a new system when its supercharged or will a twin system now decrese my economy to much

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Just wait till you supercharge, at the moment just cut off the rear muffler, and that'll sound sweet until you get for full system, will go a little quicker as there is less weight.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You have to look at a number of factors, how long before you charge it, how much you have to spend, what your expectations are. If it isn't too long before you do it then I would go a system to suit now, or if it's going to be a while, just leave the stock system on. Cutting the rear off will make it louder but also it will use more fuel as rest of the system will perform differently.

Tuned extractors, twin cats and twin 2 1/4" system with straight through mufflers and tail pipes would be the best IMO.

blake0182

Blake
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive
yeah wont be for a fair while but just wondered if it woudl be alright to go twin cats and mufflers for now so i can itleast get a bit more power out of the engine , dose cuttign out the rear muffler sound much better ? , where do u get the strait through pipe from ?

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
Not sure if the twin pipes would give more power. Maybe start with headers, for power, then different rockers to let it breath.

That way if you don't get the s/c it will still perform. Also these are steps on the upgrade path for a s/c engine to gain more power.

I had a look over the capa site, t seems pretty good, but maybe you could buy a l67 from a wrecker for the amount of the vortech solutions. Don't get me wrong not trying to discourage you, I love my supercharger. Just listen to the noise coming out of the videos on that site i mentioned earlier.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I wouldn't do it. Sounds crap, too drony and once the revs get up it's quiet.

The VY II has twin cats but comes back into a single system. It's not really necessary to have twin cats with a single system on a VT because the emissions are within the ADR's for that model. If you can spend around $250 go a bolt on 2 1/2" cat back system until you get your supercharger.

blake0182

Blake
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive
what exhaust systems gives the lest drone ?