Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Brake Pads???

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
Just wanted to see what brake pads everyone gets? im lookn at gettn a full set soon 1st time for the vt and wanted to know is there any other brand out there besides benidex that still does the job. as i dont wonna keep payen $65 a set. i have only ever bought this 1 brand. besides the time i tired some cheap 30 ones from supercrap an they didnt last a month. fredro or something like that lol

also whats a good brand for rotor as im lookn at gettn a full set of them aswell.

cheers

pumba

OMR346
Reaction score
Website
www.mh-performance.com
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
mate, go see matt (ozi5l) from bcc... he works at bursons at browns plains and he looks after us when we go down there. just tell him your from bc.

i usually just get protec pads... there cheap and do a better job the bendix and have hardly any brake dust... and i have vx brakes on my ss so there the same as yours

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
oh yeh forgot about them, poor little joint tucked away lol. ill go get some prices tomorrow. also while im at it has anyone got any pic's of FE2 suspension on the vt just wonna c the diff too high from my one.

Coz i seem some springs for sale $50

Macca177

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman V8
ive ferodo's on my vt all round and they are excellent good pedal, and they pull up very well. but i belive they are a bit harsher on your disc's and the front do get a bit of brake dust over a few weeks. DBA rotors can never go wrong with but they are a few extra $$$.... i forget the other brand i was lookin at to try, they made o/seas and cost bout 1/3 of the dba's.\

someone else here may know them.

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
yeh i had a bad exper with the ferodo ones well no so much bad but they didnt last long at all under normal driven conditions of course an yeh they do get alot of dust..

Macca177

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman V8
i only bought my vt 2 weeks ago, and yeah with brake checking they are fredos all round and are new. so yeah will see how theylast, but they do brake very good!

ive had worse for dust, forget the name, and were a real soft pedal... repco tried telling me they better than bendix....mmmmmmmmmm

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I use ferodo DS3000 pads(recently changed from DS2500), they are mainly for use on track. I wouldnt use anything but ferodo.

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
Oh k well i might look into them again. reason i stayed away was only coz the dust. but i dont wonna pay $55 for brakes all the time as i do both sets f/b for peace of mind.

cheers

Mauve

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series II Acclaim
Both Bendix and Ferodo do about 3 or 4 grades of brake pads each, you get what you pay for. Check out there websites and you'll see what they are, both companies supply brake pads for major motor sport series', ferodo to F1, Bendix to almost every aussie motorsport event. Repco dont sell Ferodo's top of the line brake pads but they do sell the high end bendix option called Bendix Ultimates. Ultimates are the standard spec issue on all police cars in almost all states. As for brake rotors, once again you get what you pay for. DBA products are OE for Holden and Ford cars. If you want to improve your braking a bit, get the slotted rotors, cross drilled ones crack big time as it is designed to be used on the track, A trick we used was to throw the new rotors in the oven on as hot as possible for a couple of hours then let them cool down, tempering them up a bit which made them less suseptible to chewing out with high metal content brake pads. The DBA website is pretty cool and explains a lot of this stuff. Personally gonna throw DBA slotteds on the VX front and back and go Bendix Ultimates all round.

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
kool, ill get my mate to give me my little royal cut prices haha get them abit cheaper as he knows the onwer of the local repco store