Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx exhausts

SSMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXSS
if i put an exhaust off of a hsv onto a ss will there be any increase in note or performance of the engine? this in on a vx gen 3

sand_man

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 SIII Monaro CV8
Yes. As I believe, an SS doesn't have extractors where as an HSV does. Not sure about the rest of the system but that alone should change the note of your exhaust.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Bugger all difference. The HSV exhaust will have HSV embossed on the mufflers and the SS won't. That is the only difference between the two. The extractors on the HSV are not much better than stock manifolds. If you change the manifolds too, it will make a very small difference. IMO, don't bother, spend the money on a decent cats back system. Which state are you in?

SSMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXSS
im in qld. i want a system that produces a nice note when driving but not so much that it would affect a new bub in the car. basically low noise under quiet acceleration and easy driving but more when givin the gas pedal a good stab when im alone

jamesl_VTSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
[PHATSS]
just get a Redback, X-Force etc. exhaust for it, shouldn't be too much louder than stock but will have a better note.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You can go a twin 2 1/2" cats back system with two straight through hotdogs on the front and a straight through muffler on the rear. Doesn't drone, nice note and not overly loud. I can do one for $650.00 inc shipping to QLD. Mandrel bent, with twin stainless tips that are bias cut rolled in, to suit the angle of the bumper. The brand is Manta, practically identical to Redback.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Hey R0d, how's your car going?