Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt service

adamandtanya

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt calais
my v6 calais is due for its 190000 service im thinking about doing it myself can anyone tell me whats involved and what needs to be replaced thanks

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Do you have the service book? It will tell you the schedule of items to be replaced at each service. 190k I'm sure it's just oil and filter and check everything else. If the car has had it's scheduled services then the parts that needed replacing at each service should have been replaced. If you are unsure, then do everything if you can. Plugs, leads, air filter (replace or clean depending on which type you have), fuel filter, auto trans service if you are able, brake fluid and coolant flush. Keep a note in your book when you do it and then you can start your own record. All up it should only set you back $150-$180 or there abouts.

adamandtanya

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt calais
sorry it up for its 200000 service its my wifes car and i dont get to drive it much

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Yep, same as 190, the manual says change oil and filter and check the rest.

Fr3ak+--

Closed On Monday
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Exec 5 Speed
how do u clear the service thing on your comp after you do the service

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
With the ignition off, hold the up and down buttons on the trip computer, turn ignition on, wait for 3 seconds, use the mode button to step through the screens until the service due reminder is shown (usually just one press), press and hold the up and down buttons until you hear a beep. Turn ignition off. Reminder is reset.