Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Gas Converted VT

glowworm

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exective
No

NO VT V6 dont mix well with gas my vt was on gas had too many problems with it so i had it taken off, the car runs much better on petrol there is a nother guy on here with a vx he just had gas put on and it is not runnig very well the gas is 3 weeks old ,,$2500 to $3000 to get it on GAS VT V6 :bang:
hope that helps..

VSteve

Reaction score
Im getting mine done next week. Its a gas research system and includes a dyno tune for $3100.

Glowworm, what brand system did you have fitted to your car? I would only go with gas research or impco brand systems. (systems with simple converters and complex mixers instead of the more common simple mixer complex converter "bbq ring" type systems)

SLAF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
Got gas on VT and VX. The VX had it installed last Oct. Cost $450 after Johnney's $2000 rebate. A change of plugs and leads and it's perfect. Costs $8.50 to do 100 kms. Power - no difference. Impco system on both cars. highly recommended.

glowworm

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exective
It was an Impco system they are a good system.. i have been told this gas you are talking about is ment to be good you will have to tell us all how it runs ,,good luck..

glowworm

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exective
No power differance there is always a power differance and yes you do get good kms for the price untill you have to replace heads and parts of your gas system ,One little problem with the gas or car and that its it it will play up all the time ..
Got gas on VT and VX. The VX had it installed last Oct. Cost $450 after Johnney's $2000 rebate. A change of plugs and leads and it's perfect. Costs $8.50 to do 100 kms. Power - no difference. Impco system on both cars. highly recommended.

muney

On Da West Side
Reaction score
Members Ride
SVZ wagon
i got my vt v6 on gas..best decision i ever made..its a mixer setup..costs me 50% cheaper to fill than petrol..you will get initial teething problems untill the system is bedded in..after that you will get a free retune and everything will run fine..
you wont get backfires if you replace the leads and plugs at the time of conversion..so make sure you do it before it gets done

DND

Banned
Reaction score
whats the best lpg setup and cost
I'm on the mid north coast n.s.w (PMQ) looking for a good installer that know what there doing. I have been burnt in this town to many time by shoty jobs

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
I've had gas on my VX for 2 years now, no problems, running it with my YT rockers, exhaust etc. I did have problems in the 1st year, and that is only because i wasnt changing my plugs as regularly as i should have (10,000k;s).Electrics are the key to gas, poor leads, plugs etc = backfire. A Tune up only costs $15 and checks your mixtures etc. I'm planning on getting my heads ported now and hardened valve seats. Make your your cooling system is good as the coolant runs through the mixer to heat it up to stop it freezing over. Some people suggest 81^c thermostat to run it through quicker as gas it wamer and better to cool mixer as quick as possible. Run a Moreys Dripper lubrication system ($70) until you can get hardened seats.(If needed). The performance of you injectors will suffer after a while on gas as they dry out, build up etc. But who cares ! You got gas...it only needs to start up on petrol. Also your engine will stay cleaner.
Also, use a slightly thicker oil, so if you using 10W40 use a 15W 40-50 etc etc. This is cause the gas temperature plays with the oil visco, and change oil regularly(5,000-10,000) as acid build up due to gas.