Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Strreing Wheel Radio Controls

VT_R8ted

Reaction score
Members Ride
White on Silver VP Calais
Hey does ne1 know roughly how much a set of steering wheel mounted radio controls would be to fit a series 2 vt?? does ne1 make after market ones??and are they a straight clip in 2 a loom in the wheel sumwhere or what??

VXWAGMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 V8 Berlina Wagon A4
I'l give you some info but i'm not sure if it's what your looking for

you can get stock steering wheel controls from a wrecker

you can apparently get a IR steering wheel controller that will work with aftermarket pioneer head units using the ip input controller.

I guess with the stock Eurovox CD player you may be able to get a wiring loom from a wrecked car with the wires attached and steering wheel controls as well which would cut out a lot of guess work when it comes to wiring them up.

They are not worth it I reckon. I'd say get a aftermarket radio put in like a pioneer and then get the addon controller you can buy for them which attach to the steering wheel

mixin

Ol' fart, young heart!
Reaction score
I can put you onto a mate of mine who has brand new button assemblies for VT/VX - the whole steering wheel mounted bits - the 2 pod parts that screw to the steering wheel, complete, ready to plug in.

VT_R8ted

Reaction score
Members Ride
White on Silver VP Calais
cheers guys, mite sus out sum prices from the wrecker and see whats the go from there. 'mixin' wats the cost of the new setups?? If you can let us know thatll b gr8, then ill make my mind up if its really worth doing. Wouldnt hav got used 2 them if it werent for the damm vz work car....

mixin

Ol' fart, young heart!
Reaction score
My mate in Sydney that I'm referring to has a couple of new-old-stock ones, and I think he's after about $80 a set posted.
I think that's probably about the going price for a 2nd hand set (I paid $70 for a set off a guy on street commodore's forums for a 2nd hand set last year after a wrecker quoted me $100).

You need the decoder box & wiring for them to work with the factory eurovox h/u, but if you aren't planning on keeping the factory radio, you can mod them to take the IR remote of most aftermarket h/u - which is why my mate has a few sets of the buttons as he was doing that mod for customers for a while.

D

Darkwander

mixin said:
My mate in Sydney that I'm referring to has a couple of new-old-stock ones, and I think he's after about $80 a set posted.
I think that's probably about the going price for a 2nd hand set (I paid $70 for a set off a guy on street commodore's forums for a 2nd hand set last year after a wrecker quoted me $100).

You need the decoder box & wiring for them to work with the factory eurovox h/u, but if you aren't planning on keeping the factory radio, you can mod them to take the IR remote of most aftermarket h/u - which is why my mate has a few sets of the buttons as he was doing that mod for customers for a while.

That isnt bad , $80 for the set. Does your mate have a website or something ?

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I don't know about other stereo manufacturers, but I know pioneer did and probably still do make a steering wheel mounted stereo remote.

mixin

Ol' fart, young heart!
Reaction score
Darkwander said:
That isnt bad , $80 for the set. Does your mate have a website or something ?
Nope, no website, but if you seriously want a set from him PM your details to me & I'll pass them onto him.

D

Darkwander

mixin said:
Nope, no website, but if you seriously want a set from him PM your details to me & I'll pass them onto him.

Ill keep your details and in about a week i will give you a PM..