Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Acclaim and Equipe - whats the diference?

Caprice5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Berlina
looking at changing from my vs caprice to a vx acclaim or equipe. after a bit of research the last couple of days, it seems these two are practically the same except for seat trim. right now, im keen to get a vx series 2 equipe basically because i prefer that seat trim (square tile-like pattern). silly factor to make a choice, but they look the same apart from that.

im mainly after power windows, cruise control and the cheaper price tag.

any opinions? thanks.

VZTHUNDER

Enhanced Custom Tuned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder MY06
i dont think acclaim had power windows standard
the equipe did (to my knowledge). also the acclaim doesnt have cruise control stanrdard
and the equipe does (to my knowledge)
so if its cheaper and u like the trim nicer get the equipe

Bent_6

3/4motorsport
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S1 Acclaim V6/ VS SII Acclaim V6
looking at changing from my vs caprice to a vx acclaim or equipe. after a bit of research the last couple of days, it seems these two are practically the same except for seat trim. right now, im keen to get a vx series 2 equipe basically because i prefer that seat trim (square tile-like pattern). silly factor to make a choice, but they look the same apart from that.

im mainly after power windows, cruise control and the cheaper price tag.

any opinions? thanks.

The acclaim is Holdens safety pack with things like LSD, traction control, dual srs or more and abs.
My acclaim has cruise but not sure if it was standard or not.

The equipe is basically an extras package, more than a exec but not quite a berlina.

garywg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX lumina
As far as I remember the aclaim came with power windows. cruise, abs & side airbags I think that's what was on offer when I was looking at one to buy new.

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
my acclaim has

cruise controll, abs, side air bags, passenger airbag, electric windows & body coloured protector strips

Caprice5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VXII Berlina
Bent_6 mentioned LSD. was LSD standard or option on acclaim? how to tell if its got LSD?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Bent_6 mentioned LSD. was LSD standard or option on acclaim? how to tell if its got LSD?
There should be a tag on the diff which will tell you. My Acclaim did not have a LSD. As stated earlier Acclaims have the safety features.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
There should be a tag on the diff which will tell you. My Acclaim did not have LSD. As stated earlier, Acclaims have the safety features.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
The Acclaims, as mentioned are safety packed cars ABS, driver n passenger airbags, cruise is standard, power-windows are optional, all the loom n wiring is there, simple for holden (and us) to provide.. but to my knowledge they did not have LSD standard, but possibly optional.

VT Berlina 07

15.37 @ 147 KPH
Reaction score
Members Ride
96 EF2 Futura I6 Auto
acclaim did not have a standard LSD, the only model from VT-Z to have and LSD STANDARD was the SS. it was an option on every other model (exex/acclaim/s/berlina/calais/stato) UNLESS it was an 8 which had an LSD. the only model that didnt have the 8 option was the acclaim. every other model did.

VT S1 acclaim did not have power windows but VT 2 and UP (VT2-Z) had power windows. also has cruise, 4x airbags,abs (which was standard from VX up) and trac control. to put it simple an acclaim is a exec with a saftey/power pack. there is no difference. :thumbsup: