Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Straight Pipes on VX??

aza64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 01'
hey guys im thinking of putting a straight pipe exhaust on my VX V6. No cat & No mid or end muffler. just a hotdog before the end tip. Would having this type of exhaust decrease performance than increase?? i know it would be way over the DB limit aswell. any help??

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
hey guys im thinking of putting a straight pipe exhaust on my VX V6. No cat & No mid or end muffler. just a hotdog before the end tip. Would having this type of exhaust decrease performance than increase?? i know it would be way over the DB limit aswell. any help??

Ha Ha Ha , you for real ? Hope you have heaps of $$$$$$ to pay the fines .
Too loud to start with and running an exhaust without a cat is a big no no

Burnout_bro

Reaction score
Members Ride
HYPER VX SS/ R33 GTST
first of all get off this forum if u dont want a cat, this world is already ****ed enough without people like you hurting it more, you will see no extra gains without a cat, get a highflow. if everyone ran there cars without a cat this world would be gone, just so u can see a 2kw increase

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Go gains on a N/A ecotec with a hiflow cat unless it stroked, worked and pulling 200kw+.
No cat will give no gains... probably loose bottom end due to lack of backpressure...
And if i get caught without a cat its a HUGE fine....
Plus the fact that everyone thats near your car when its running is breathing gases that are even more toxic that your normal exhaust fumes...

If you do it.. your a knob jockey

A hotdog on a straight through system (with a cat) will sound like a ricer... and really really drone...

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
.......omg

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI
Wtf????

LOL... I have Twin Cats, Two Intermediate Mufflers and 1 Duel pipe rear muffler, It is absolutely ear piercing at Full Noise!! and you wanna run just a Hotdog???

You asked for advice and well, the boys have already said exactly what I think, Knob Jockey, Crazy, Inconsiderate and well, you probably know the rest....
I hope you were just starting this thread to stir a few people up, Coz if you are for real.................................................SPEACHLESS!!

14secvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6 commodore executive
I have twins on my vp not finished yet but have pacemaker headers runiing into twin 2.25 inch pipes that have hotdogs on each just before the diff thats where it ends at the moment till i get my tailpipes bent and man it sounds so not rice it sounds purely amazing pretty loud but i still have 2 more straight through mufflers for the rear in the tailpipes everybody who has heard it loves it sounds impressive revs to the redline fast

have a look aT THE PICS HERE http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...-memcal-vps2-o-m-g-post604625.html#post604625

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
^^^ the buick has a deeper than the ecotec so it would sound half alright on a vn...
on a ecotec is jst gonna squeel like a pig....

VTPREDATOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS SPORTSWAGON
LOLOLOLOL! a straight pipe exhaust with no mufflers or bends would sound like POOOO! go fart in a drain pipe and thats the sound you'd prob get. wouldnt even sound like a car.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Is there something in the water there that eats brain cells? Surely you can't be that ignorant.