Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tyres for VT S

dfp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT "SPack" Series 2
I have a VT S Series 2 manual with the standard wheels that come with S model. I am in serious need of new tyres and was wondering if anyone had recommendations and was also wondering if I can get a lower profile tyre then I have. The tyres size currently is 225/50R/16 I think.

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
Bridgestone ER30's are good, about $150 each
For lower profile, get bigger rims

CMA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Before i got my 19's i had Toyo TEO plus tyres, same size as you need. Great tyres, very quiet. Can't remember what they cost though

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
I've got Sava Intensas on mine. I think they are pretty cheap, but don't seem too bad. I had been riding motorbikes for the last ten years so don't reallyhavea point of reference.

In relation to the lower profiles, you would have to get larger rims, such as the hsv or SS rims or even aftermarket. Otherwise you will through out your speedo etc.

Me personally the only rims I would change to are the silver coloured hsv rims, and they are a bit to pricey for me.

I really like the vt s series one rims, petty they didn't make them in a 17 or 18, that would be perfect! You can pick up SS 17inch wheels pretty cheap on ebay, sometimes with tyres.

CMA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Before i got my 19's i had Toyo TEO plus tyres, same size as you need. Great tyres, very quiet. Can't remember what they cost though

Had a look, got charged $169 per tyre, mates rates when i got them about a year and a half ago. Got told they were about $220-$230 each.

Hope that helps

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
hankook optimas $110 i wouldnt get a lower profile tyre unless ur cars lowerd it'll prolly look funny ona smaller rim just wait till u upgrade later if u decide 2

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
hey i have vt s pack mags that im putting on me vn ...was woneding if they needed any special nuts or can i just use the stadard ones on the vn???

(sorry if im hijacking the thread lol)

cheers

Spitfire

Reaction score
Members Ride
Prius
I have a VT S Series 2 manual with the standard wheels that come with S model. I am in serious need of new tyres and was wondering if anyone had recommendations and was also wondering if I can get a lower profile tyre then I have. The tyres size currently is 225/50R/16 I think.

Should be able to get Nankang NS2's for that size. I've had 2 sets of them on 16's and about 5 sets on 18's. (Yes i do alot of km's) They handle just as good if not better than Dunlop Lemans 702's that i tried once at $300 per tyre :|

Spitfire

Reaction score
Members Ride
Prius
You can pick up Nankang NS2 for as cheap as $150 a tyre for 18" Like Here.
Payless tyres is where i got my SSZ Wheel and Tyre package from.