Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

genuine service parts or not?

Drager

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calis
hey guys, just wondering when serviceing your car do you use genuine Holden Parts (oil filter, air filter ect) or just stuff that youe mech has.

what should be done at a 100 thousand K service is there somehting sepcial that needs to be done. i dont take the car to Holden coz i think its a rip personaly any ideas?

VT Berlina 07

15.37 @ 147 KPH
Reaction score
Members Ride
96 EF2 Futura I6 Auto
hi, depends on what you did @ 90k,80k etc.......

you dont have to use genuine, theres better stuff out there, i use pureone oil filters and valvaline fuel filters. as for air filters valvaline are pretty good. i use penrite or mobil oil. bosch for all your electricals (plugs/leads/coil etc) :thumbsup:

have a look in your service book that come with car and it should tell you what has to be done.

this is what i do(regardless if it doesnt need doing, i just do it):

every 5,000 change oil and oil filter
every 10,000 air filter
every 30,000 (or once a year) plugs/leads/flush coolant/fuel filter etc

a transmission service wont hurt (around $150) and if you want to get into it, theres diff and powersteering fluid that needs to be changed also maybe @ 100ks your injectors may or may not need a clean, but it wouldnt hurt.

PS: check your belt and pulleys while you at it !!! hope that helps :thumbsup:

Drager

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calis
yeha thanxz for it i only had the car for the last 2 years my old man bought it brand new so i know hes serviced it every 10 thousand by Holden but sometimes i get the feeling they are not doing the service right.